Blues Box Youtube Playlist?

Hey !

Has anyone put together a playlist of all the recordings Josh suggests playing along to in The Blues Box lesson?

I want to make a daily workout of playing through all those songs, and I figured someone already had the same idea…

If not, – I’ll see if my “boomer computer skills” can put one together, and then I’ll post it here.

I want to create a rock solid foundation in The Blues and Country Western, before I move on to Soul, and eventually Jazz.

Ultimately I want to form a Desert/Stoner Rock band, ( I’d call it either: The Dunning -Kruger Effect or The Milgram Experiment).

Rock On Everyone !

7 Likes

I haven’t seen one, but it would be cool if you did one.

I’ve played around with the Blues Box and honestly, I think you can apply the technique to any blues/jazz/country song that uses the 12 bar blues.

4 Likes

For sure, – I like to make up my own basslines using The Blues Box, … I just want to have a list of songs that I can systematically go through those variations with , and at the same time develop the habit of playing along with songs, and backing tracks, – because I almost never do that.

And those are all really cool songs!

5 Likes

Such a good idea. I haven’t seen this, but I also think it would be wonderful. YouTube or Spotify libraries of the playlists from the videos would be yet another gem in this starry bass-teaching crown.

2 Likes

Yeah, – I got the idea while playin’ and a singin’ along with Hank Williams…

I’ll make a Blues Box Playlist, – as well as a Bass To Badass Playlist, because songs like Higher and Higher are classics that, even when they cease being a challenge, will always be a great warm up, – and if I’m ever good enough to be in a Function Band songs like that are going to be on the set list; so might as well start a catalog of songs from The American Songbook, and keep “up to snuff” on them.

3 Likes

Killer. When you do these lovely things, be sure to share it back here! I’m sure there are other folks who would be down to check it out.

4 Likes

@Fahri Put this together…

2 Likes

I put up a Blues Box playlist on Spotify…

I couldn’t figure out how to share it here, but if you go to Spotify it’s titled:

BLUES BOX SHAKE DOWN

I couldn’t find the Eric Clapton version of I’m Torn Down, but I found a smoking hot Jeff Healey version. I hope you can find it, – if you are interested.

Cheers

Mike Strong

1 Like