Boss Katana Go - Discontinued Sales

That’s what I get for RTFM’ing…

2 Likes

Yeah there’s no way I’m selling this.

It was practically peanuts to buy and I can stream music from my phone and jam outside on my deck and it sounds fabulous.

Nice work on snagging one.

5 Likes

I had no idea they discontinued this until I saw this thread. I just ordered one yesterday from GC and they show it as being shipped.

2 Likes

And I received it today. Anxious to try it out, but it will be a bit yet. Right after I ordered it from GC their website said SOLD OUT. Wasn’t sure if I actually got one or not, but I did.

5 Likes

Has anyone of the lucky owners found a way to do this:

• disable all EQ, effects, amp sims etc. to get a pure/dry tone (and record it). I found out that you can do this when switching to tuner mode, but you cannot listen to the USB audio (for the playalong song) anymore then (presumably also not to Bluetooth, but haven’t tested yet, cause of latency).
  • Switch to mono, as I like to listen with only one side of the headphones sometimes.

I am very impressed with this little device every time I use it. Wholeheartly suggest to get one, if you still can!!!

2 Likes

FYI for you owners…
Check your firmware version; the latest is V1.02. My device arrived with V1.01. There’s a complete set of instruction for updating here:

2 Likes

Mine did as well. Pretty easy to update it to 1.02.

1 Like

What’s the difference? What’s been added?

Edit: I just saw a few things listed. Since it’s discontinued I’m, naturally reluctant to update. :joy:

1 Like

Nothing added to V1.02; just some bug fixes.

You can select between different Tonewoods. I like the rich tone of Bubinga.

10 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I would like to claim @Barney as a national treasure for the USA, but he’s a Brit living in Canada. So I declare him a North American treasure. Thanks for your service, @Barney.

4 Likes

You know - if you built a pedal….they would come…

4 Likes
5 Likes

He’d be happy

2 Likes

Utter genius, “The Art of Money-Getting” is a great read.

3 Likes

That would be awesome, what patch would that be under? I couldn’t find it, just updated to 1.0.2. Is it under user patch? Thanks @Barney How many tonewood did they offer. Can’t find info anywhere.

Thanks

2 Likes

It’s a hidden feature @Al1885

Put the Katana Go on a bone china plate and microwave the unit for 30 seconds. Then the Tonewood patch will magically appear.

3 Likes

Anti-tonewood fetishists to tonewood: “I can’t quit you!”

2 Likes

“True Bypass Circuitry!” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes