British vs USA Metal Guitar Battle

This made me laugh, plus I enjoyed the great riffs.
If I knew how to do a poll on this forum, I’d ask for votes - GB or USA winners?
:grin:

8 Likes

The game changes once you let the Germans in :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2lOBzmAak

Gotta love the matching ESPs :slight_smile:

(for me: Industrial Metal all the way)

10 Likes

Changes in more ways than just riffs obviously, watching the video :grin:
I love Rammstein :heavy_check_mark:

9 Likes

Their cover of “Stripped” by Depeche Mode is brilliant.

7 Likes

This is my favourite video of theirs
https://youtu.be/1M4ADcMn3dA

5 Likes

To reference Ozzys solo work as British, you need some weird sense of humor :joy:
Did they do a match-up with Norwegian music as well?

5 Likes

For the OP: I greatly prefer British metal over US metal up until speed/thrash, and then I prefer US, but generally only for the punk and industrial crossover bands like Suicidal Tendencies and Ministry. Was never a huge fan of Metallica, Slayer or Megadeth. Not for any real reason beyond I had moved fully into punk, post-punk, industrial and electronica/EBM by then.

4 Likes

Afraid not!

4 Likes

That’s very diplomatic @howard :heavy_check_mark:

5 Likes

My first concert, at like 13, was Judas Priest and Uriah Heep :slight_smile:

I was such a little metalhead. Really in to Blue Oyster Cult at the time too, for some US metal. Well, I guess BOC was more occult rock/proggy/prog metal/rock stuff.

4 Likes

Maybe there should be another thread about music from your teenage years that you still listen to now!
I bet most people have stuff in their Spotify or Tidal playlists now that is still there because they like it, but also because of the memories of the time.

5 Likes

Actually it could possibly be too embarrassing to go there…

4 Likes

Well, my first tape (and I’m not talking records for children) was Michael Jackson’s Thriller :grin:

5 Likes

Oh it would have to be Motörhead,AC/DC, Budgie,Saxon,Whitesnake and the list would go on.
Great days .
I even remember Bruce Dickinson with Samson before his time with Iron Maiden :scream:

5 Likes

Ok since I started this I guess I had better offer up some info!
My first single that I bought, on a trip to London as a kid, was 2-4-6-8 Motorway by the Tom Robinson Band.
That one definitely is not still in my Tidal playlist, although I do smile when it comes on the radio now (thankfully rarely) :grin:
Probably the most embarrassing stuff that’s still in my playlists to this day from my teenage years is stuff by the Fields Of The Nephilim. My wife often has to put up with a blast of ‘Moonchild’ on the stereo, for which she gives me her ‘haven’t you grown up now?’ stare :joy:

6 Likes

I remember my first vinyl.
Bought it at Tower Records in Costa Mesa, about 2 miles from where I am right now. It is no longer there and the whole area has been re-built, so the location it was in is not even there anymore.

Black Flag - Jealous Again.
I was in probably 4th grade at the time.

220px-Black_Flag_-_Jealous_Again_cover

My second vinyl was
T.S.O.L. - Dance With Me

220px-T.S.O.L._-_Dance_with_Me_cover

I never was into Metallica, other than a couple songs, Megadeath first 3 albums are OK, but SLAYER RULES!!!

3 Likes

Yes I noticed at the time you were one of a select few that hit ‘like’ on my highly musical mash up of B-52’s and Slayer I posted a while back in the Good Music Friday thread.
A man of obvious taste not afraid to mix genres, like me :heavy_check_mark:
:joy::joy:

4 Likes

That was FANTASTIC. I loved every second of it.

3 Likes

Mostly I had just moved on at that point and was more into stuff like Skinny Puppy and Ministry for the industrial side, and punk/post-punk otherwise. Kind of just fell out of the mainstream metal thing back then.

3 Likes

I think it time to confess🤓
My first LP was a Band called “The Mixtures” the big hit was “The Pushbike Song”
I remember “The Carpenters” album getting a workout🥴
Now I listen to everything, to many to list so I just took some photos of my music videos to share😎 one day I will post the cd’s
Cheers Brian

3 Likes