Cigar Box Bass, Build #42, Trillian

Progress pics for those that are interested…

7 Likes

Hi @Korrigan,

Looks smokin hot.:joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I see what you did there… :smiley:

3 Likes

Looking good @Korrigan :+1:
Neck through the body and all

3 Likes

Looks really good!

(draws shirt over the top of his head: mhehehe Nicaragua! I am cornholio!!!)

5 Likes

Headstock cut…

7 Likes

Nice shaping @Korrigan
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

New and improved! Now with tuners and a faux-veneer. 138% sexier than ever before! :grinning:

8 Likes

rawr
At least 138%!

Your work makes me so excited about starting a build project apart from trying to get the baglama playable. Can’t wait to see the next update!

3 Likes

Wow, this whole project looks so good!

4 Likes

I see what you did there! :joy:

Also: that headstock is super sexy. I am weak at the knees.

5 Likes

WOW :open_mouth: WOW :open_mouth: and again WOW!!!

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

I posted that last photo on a few of my facebook groups and after about the sixth time of answering PMs asking how I do my faux-veneer I decided to make it easier on myself…

So now you know too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Douglas Adams and Tom Robbins on the same day? I’m falling in love with our forum all over again.

4 Likes

very nice headstock, the faux-veneer looks super cool :star_struck:

3 Likes

Here’s another little infographic I made because I remember @steve.harder2012 mentioned having trouble aligning a bridge…

Just ignore the fact that I haven’t gotten around to replacing the guitar nut with a bass nut yet.

8 Likes

Thank you.

I save all your instruction pictures so I can reference them in the future. That gave me an idea: Would you mind me putting them in a category on the Groove & Scale Practice Website ? Like a new category “Building instructions & glossary” or something.

This thread will sooner or later be lost and I thought it would be cool to have a kind of building glossary online. I can’t just steal pictures from existing online tutorials but yours I could put online if you’re okay with it!? No work required on your part and I’ll credit you on the website with whatever alias you like and optionally a link to… where you want it to go.

2 Likes

That, is absolute genius! I’m absolutely going to do this! Thanks @Korrigan!

4 Likes

No problem @juli0r, you can use my pics however you want.

3 Likes

Not the most elegant… but the wiring is done…

6 Likes