Condiments you love: Discuss which, why, and on what?

Hey man someone put my picture on that chili crisp bottle, lol.

That’s what my daughter said to me when she was 3. Hmmm!

4 Likes

This one. Good in all my stews.

8 Likes

Guaranteed to clear the nasal passages, not to be confused with the likes of French’s mustard.
The first time my wife tried this on a ham sandwich, she applied it as she would French’s variety and instantly regretted it.
This stuff is wickedly hot

6 Likes

Here is central Alabama we have a condiment called “Country Bob’s All Purpose Steak Sauce”. Realistically, you can make anything better with it…steak, pork, chicken, fries, and anything else that may be fried. It should be it’s own food group.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Original-Country-Bob-s-All-Purpose-Steak-Sauce-13-oz/10312437?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=424&adid=2222222227710312437_117755028669_12420145346&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-294505072980&wl5=9012527&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=10312437&wl13=424&veh=sem_LIA&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnsqdBhCGARIsAAyjYjTH6yezY8FbozuY_KgiG4cD7Psxn-AVyPcs0B6mFYztE0T_RpMGFf8aAoM-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 Likes

Franks red hot on practically everything. I also love mustard and dukes mayo on sandwiches. Anything pickled or vinegary is great. Not really a condiment, but I could practically drink Worcestershire sauce out of the bottle. Raw onions on everything also.
I do make sushi rice a few days a week, and the nori komi furikake seasoning is delicious.

3 Likes

Why do they call it crisp? Big fan of spicy stuff, but my GERD really limits me on it. Two family members on my moms side and my grandfather on dads side passed away in their sleep from erosion of the esophagus. Prefer that not to be me

2 Likes

Duke’s Mayo is the best!

3 Likes

The one and only. Cheap as heck and goes on anything

2 Likes

its basically deep fried shallots and other allums along with chili and spices, packed in oil.

1 Like

Tapatio pretty good. I would put franks and cholula tied at #1 for different dishes and tapatio a close second. I really liked their Doritos chips they had for a while. Also big fat rip I can’t find ruffles all dressed anymore

2 Likes

That sounds delicious actually. Going to pick some up. Thanks

2 Likes

I’ll be the odd man out. I hate mayonaise, mustard, and ketchup. Just thinking about eating any of them makes me feel sick. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

My late step-dad used to eat butterbean and mayo sandwiches. The more mayo the better he like them

2 Likes

Mayo on pizza?

1 Like

Mike’s Hot Honey is amazing! The Extra Hot version is my go-to most times but I still have a bottle of the original. Since I was in the pizza sphere for a bit, I was also able to snag one of their awesome LED signs.

5 Likes

Big Nope on that one… I know it’s common in Asian countries but I have not been able to find a good combo for this…

3 Likes

You’re in good company Eric. I’m not a fan of any of those either. I’m a plain burger guy. The Meat-Cheese-Bun ratio is paramount and must not be disrupted with silly condiments :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I like ‘em all. I’m a condiment omnivore. :joy:

1 Like

my love affair with ketchup is coming to a close as I gravitate away from sweet things on savory things.
Fun Fact - the only ingredient you MUST have in ketchup to call it ketchup in the lobbist filled US of A is… sugar!

I have been on a mustard journey of all sorts from stone ground, whole business, hot, flavored, you name it. Its a fun space. Thank you @eric.kiser for leaving it all for the rest of us.

2 Likes

It’s not all that unheard of. Both my daughter and my girl won’t use condiments other than ketchup.
Who eats a dry turkey sandwich on white bread without condiments? The ladies in my family.

3 Likes