Condiments you love: Discuss which, why, and on what?

OK, everybody, belly up to the condiment bar and dish on what they be and why you love to love them.

4 Likes

Why, my preferred condiment is Mayones:

(sorry for the dad joke)

17 Likes

Damn, that is a pretty mofo.

6 Likes

#1 is and always will be Hellman’s (only) mayonaise) - I actually got to do work upgrading a mayo line for Unilever way back, I was in heaven, and yes, I ate the mayo right out of the pipe.

My new favorite of favorites is Mike’s Hot Honey.
This stuff is insanely good on chicken, potato, pizza, dry rub wings and anything that tastes bland.

6 Likes

I love that you put the first full pic in this thread!
She’s a beauty!

9 Likes

Eeeeeewwwwwwwww :rofl:

7 Likes

That was my thought exactly, it just sounds so wrong

5 Likes

The visual alone…

5 Likes

mike’s hot honey - amazing on pizza, and anything crispy.

lao gan ma (chili crisp) - really good on anything you expect but ALSO really good on sweet things like ice cream.

green cholula - my go to for any latin or mexican food profiles. not a big red hot sauce person.

8 Likes

I heard you were good with Photoshop… :scream: :crazy_face: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Europe’s version of an umami enhancer:

My dad would add that to his soup even before he had tasted it… would drive my mum insane :grin:

7 Likes

Oh, don’t tempt me, brother.

3 Likes

Cholula. Oh hells, yes.

2 Likes

That’s the second mention of this saucy number. I gotta find some. Hell, the name alone is…calling my name. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Best Foods is the best mayonnaise. For some reason they don’t market Hellman’s west of the Mississippi. You get the same stuff, but it’s Best Foods.

My most used condiment is crushed red pepper flakes. Goes on almost everything. That or dill relish.

4 Likes

Fun fact - they are NOT the same recipe.
Same basic glop though with a different flavor profile.
Slightly tweaked for the west coast pallet (whatever that is).
They wouldn’t ever say what was different, only that they are different.

3 Likes

@MikeC you might want to move this thread to the #lounge.

3 Likes

If I had two bottles side by side I might tell the difference. To be honest, tastes the same, course I haven’t had Hellman’s in 16 years so my taste buds could be lying to me

3 Likes

Good call, @Mike_NL . I created it while working. Goes to show how great multi-tasking is.

Not.

3 Likes

My homemade kimchi. Makes any meal more interesting. :slight_smile:

10 Likes