Condiments you love: Discuss which, why, and on what?

I mentioned it! I eat it half and half woth soy sauce as a pierogi dip.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had good experiences mixing it with mayo and using it on pretty much everythingā€¦ never pierogi though

1 Like

Iā€™ve mixed it with mayo, too. Damn tasty. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow, I learned a new word today! I didnā€™t know the term ā€œcondimentā€ as there is no equivalent in Polish. There are spices and culinary additives/enhancers.

And by the way, I love mayonnaise. And this is serious topic. Poland is divided into two churches: The Kielecki Mayonnaise church and the Winiary Mayonnaise church. I belong to the first faction.
Kielecki Mayonnaise foreverāœŒļø

4 Likes

Big love for the stuff, I mentioned it I think. Great on its own or mixed with other sauces, mayo, etc.

Yes, absolutely. :drooling_face:
I use it on its own, itā€™s part of my homemade hamburger dressing and in general cooking.

1 Like

I really miss this popcorn seasoning. Havenā€™t been able to find it in Sweden for the last 2-3 years.

1 Like

I see we are slowly moving into Kalles Kaviar territory :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A favourite of greasy spoon cafes the length and breath of the UK

7 Likes

Ahh yes, brown sauce :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually find a lot of their store brand stuff to be high-quality. We use their store-brand coffee beans, and Iā€™ll grab their brand cereal as often as ā€œname brandā€, especially when the name brand isnā€™t on sale.

As for hot sauces, love Cholula, hate tobasco (OK, donā€™t hate it, but really, really, really, donā€™t prefer it), and locally, we have Hankā€™s which are really tasty.

I love all kinds of mustard. Stone ground/whole grain are my faves.

Ketchup has to be Heinz. And pretty much only on fries.

Iā€™ve been avoiding mayonnaise for quite a while. I donā€™t refuse to eat it, I just prefer something else. Except on a BLT. Canā€™t have it any other way - good lord thatā€™s good.

Cocktail sauce - has to be Kelchnerā€™s. Enough kick to make it goodā€¦

Syrup - pure maple only. And the darker the better.

A Scottish hot sauce entitled Kilt Lifter

4 Likes

Oh it is for sure.
I just donā€™t want Danny Wegman deciding what brands I should buy.

1 Like

The substandard imitation from Vermont or the genuine article from Quebec? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Weā€™ll get there. :smile:

1 Like

I am a native of South Carolina and therefore it is mustard based barbecue sauce. Iā€™ll eat it on anything.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you on barbecue sauce, but Texas-style. :wink:

Carolina style sauce is good, really interesting. I was introduced to it while training in NC. The best BBQ place in town here in Tokyo is also Carolina style.

Prefer Texas style (over both Carolina and KC), but Carolina would be my second choice for sure.

i am not sure i have ever tried a condiment i didnā€™t like. but iā€™ll be a good irish boy and say HP sauce.

2 Likes

As the HP in HP sauce stands for Houses of Parliament I would expect nothing less :grinning:

3 Likes