It has not been long since I finally got back to learning to play bass but I already got super pumped up about upgrading my instrument.
At the moment I have a Cort Action PJ 4. Similar to what Josh has reviewed in beginner bass videos. I got it about 5 years ago but have been playing for about 2 months now.
I had my eye on several basses from which one stood out really hard and I kinda found a good deal (600€ in 10-24 installments)
Cort Artisan A4 Plus FMMH
Other basses I have considered were:
Sire Marcus Miller V3 2nd Gen
Sire Marcus Miller V7 2nd Gen Alder
Sterling by Musicman Ray 4
Fender Jazz Bass
Cort Artisan A4 has the higher price over any of these but also equipped with best stuff and it is a true eye candy.
What do you guys think. Does anyone here own this bass? Are there any basses in this line up that I should consider?
- Body: Mahogany
- Top: Flamed maple
- 5-Piece neck-thru-body: Maple/Wenge
- Fretboard: Panga Panga
- Dot fretboard inlays
- Scale: 864 mm (34")
- Nut width: 38 mm
- 24 Frets
- Pickup: 2 Bartolini MK-1 humbuckers
- Active Bartolini MK-1 preamp with 3-band EQ
- 1 Volume knob and 1 balance knob
- Platinum hardware
- Hipshot Ultralight machine heads
- Hipshot Trans Tone Dual Access bridge
- Active / Passive mini switch
- Ex-factory stringing: Nickelwound .045 - .105
- Finish: Thin open-pore lacquer
- Colour: Black cherry
This is the shop that I got this deal: Lucky Music Milan