Custom paint jobs

Learning to play the bass has definitely opened up some new creative pathways for me. I love looking at all the guitars and basses and decided i could paint my own. I have a background in airbrush and design, ive even done bodywork on cars. This is my first foray into custom finishes.

Does anyone else finish guitars or have an experiences with the diy kits?

The kit is the Pbass kit from Solomusicgear.com.

24 Likes

Really nice work! Kudos to you, man.

I did paint jobs on choppers years ago. I know how much time and talent it takes to do it right. You’d do great at it.

7 Likes

Whoa that’s awesome. I used to airbrush for modeling back when I was still in to that and was nowhere near this level, totally respect the skill that takes.

5 Likes

Now that’s a mighty fine custom finish :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah I built a few kits but never approached that level of finish/ paint. That’s fantastic. That’s like a $700 paint job on a $200 bass. Kudos.

4 Likes

Thanks! Its been a fun journey, not to mention a vrilliant way to justify a bad case of g.a.s. haha

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that!

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you! That means a lot to me. As an artist, i always have doubts about the worth or my work. I appreciate the feedback.

3 Likes

Now that we get the appraisal of your custom job may I help you appraise my oh your next custom paint job? :joy:

3 Likes

Bwahahaha. Who knows, i may just start this as a side hustle. Hahaha

4 Likes

Wow! That’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Thanks Eric!

3 Likes

Nice, clean job. Purple is my favorite color too!

1 Like

Thank you! I love purple too, but just couldnt find the shade i wanted out there… and that’s how we end up painting guitars haha.

1 Like

I just finished shooting this one. I decided to attempt a little bit of a sunburst effect. I like the way it turned out. It even has a bit of goldhot rod glitter in it. I am building a paintbooth this weekend so i can get them shot eith clear coat and buffed to a mirror shine.

I really think i found my passion.

9 Likes

Cool!

I think this is the bass that Peggy Bundy would play :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done, that touch of flake is perfect!

1 Like

I love me some Peggy Bundy! Haha

Thank you! Im like a crow… a little sparkle will always pull me in.

1 Like