Dealing with Reverb Support is frustrating

The good news is you got a case started. But don’t hold your breath! For me that translated to days.

2 Likes

They emailed me this morning

…at the wrong email address. It’s one I used previously. FFS Reverb -_-

3 Likes

Hey you got an email so it’s good news! Hopefully you’ll get it resolved quickly and put it all behind you!

3 Likes

I emailed the from the correct email with their email copy/pasted as well as an eight character code I found in the email in case that’s for tracking. They wanted pictures in the meantime and had said they’ll email me and the seller within five days.

Guess that’s the best I can hope for, for now.

3 Likes

Hang in there, @Koldunya. This, too, shall pass.

They’re going to check with the seller and hear his side of the story. If he is uncooperative it will probably prolong the time. He’s probably going to claim he shipped it without damage and that you damaged it or got damaged during shipping.

3 Likes

Unfortunately true. But it’s ultimately Reverb’s responsibility to reconcile this to the customer’s satisfaction.

3 Likes

I feel for you. I’m starting the same process with my frequency hopping bass strings. Admittedly I’ve got a lot less on the table, but it’s a mini pain for me. Know it’s a major pain for you.

Situations like this call for a Lemmy playlist

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure XD I wish I’d taken a picture of when I first opened it. I could see the headstock, absolutely no support. It was one misstep away from being snapped off.

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m not too upset atm. I might even keep it if I was offered a significant discount and I am not going to pay to ship it back to this guy in order to get a refund, either. wrapped in unsecured bubble wrap is a costly mistake that shouldn’t be on me.

If they’re anything like my insurance was about my car being hit a year ago, though, I’m screwed :joy:

6 Likes

Don’t rule out calling visa and asking them for help. Worst they can say is no.

5 Likes

Yeah. I feel you. Now I have Wyze can on the 2 spots I usually unbox stuff. I already got to use one with GC. They shipped the Musicman without bubble wrap just case and box, crack the case. I sent the pic and video the manager overnight the new case for me. That alone already worth the cost of 5 cameras. Lol.

@howard brought up a good point of claiming that through your CC. Some card offer purchase protection, I wouldn’t wait till reverb deny the claim. You can always tell them you got it covered already. Heck I’d also make the claim with shipping company too, let them contact the seller.

I know it’s such a drag to put extra effort.

4 Likes

Totally. But if someone is gonna make you work for it, play to win :slight_smile:

If Visa agrees to decline the charge Reverb is on the hook for it. That should wake them up.

4 Likes

I like how your mind works. Brilliant.

4 Likes

Visa will contact Reverb and try to sort it out. Better them than @Koldunya.

4 Likes

[quote=“Al1885, post:54, topic:33805, full:true”]

Shoot first, ask questions later! I like it! :joy:

3 Likes

She’s already asked enough.

I would say it’s probably important to be up front about this and let them know that you are going to pursue that if they don’t agree to a return. Which may actually grease the wheels itself.

The thorn here is that ypu accepted the shipment, not sure how that changes things.

Here’s a semi related FTC page:

3 Likes

Well you have to accept the shipment as no drivers is going to wait for you to inspect the package contents in their presents.

I wonder if there’s any paint chips still in the box.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t matter to the seller and maybe Reverb as they could say the bass was dropped by Koldunya. The best route is always follow the money: the credit card company. Reverb knows that GAS is the gas for their business. Get the heavies from Visa or Mastercard on the case and watch how high and fast Reverb jumps.

3 Likes

If there’s no chips in the box it is a good indicator of pre shipping damage, but yeah, won’t matter to them.

3 Likes