Do you name your basses?

Or create a Dewey Decimal equivalent for bass categories?

6 Likes

All my Basses belong to us, so names as of yet!

1 Like

In my life, I have owned many instruments. A whole lot of ‘em. I’ve never felt the need to name a single one. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m not a name person. When my daughter was born, we told people we were waiting until she got older so she could name herself :joy:

2 Likes

When my youngest brother was born my dad wanted to name him Ira because he was a huge Ira Gershwin fan.

Mum said ‘how do you spell that?’

‘IRA’

‘Yeah maybe not’ said Dad.

IMG_5261

5 Likes

My cat has a name. I still generally call him cat. He answers to it too. Good thing I don’t have a wife.

3 Likes

When i had a wife, she used to call me “pants” :smile:

1 Like

This is “The Blood Bass.”
I bought it after I spent a few days in the hospital at the beginning of the year from a pretty massive blood clot. Not to be over dramatic, but I was told that I was lucky to still be around. I can’t think of a better reason to buy a bass. And my wife was like, “yes you should totally buy a bass.” So I got The Blood Bass in honor of the thing that tried to kill me.
It’s a Schecter Omen Extreme 4.

8 Likes

woah…very nice looking bass!
and best wishes with your health too

2 Likes

I don’t name mine but if I did my SBV-800MF would have to be “Miki” (nothing else would make sense, it’s a Miki Furukawa signature model), and I think I would name my matte black BB734A “Captain BAMF”.

2 Likes

That’s a great name.

2 Likes

Yeah ok let’s go with that for now :rofl:

1 Like

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

My first thought exaclty

Absolutely, it makes them each feel unique and personal to me.

1 Like

Funny, after a few years I’ve settled on names like The Ibanez; The Mustang; The P (which is what I call the 70s telecaster bass)

4 Likes