Do you name your basses?

Sadly the only names that seem to fit some of mine are ex wives names, and that ain’t going over very well now, so they are out too.

1 Like

See they seem to work for you though @PamPurrs, and there was no rose on Rosie to start, so that makes sense. Paulette is actually cool too.

2 Likes

Jake and Elwood?

The blue brothers.

:speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

And I love them…why can’t I think of this.
This is good, and a done deal.

3 Likes

Now you just have to decide which is Jake and which is Elwood.

This also creates a problem: You can never sell one without selling the other.

1 Like

Elwood wants toast and Jake a fried chicken. Easy

3 Likes

Dry white toast, and that’s 4 fried chickens (best damn chicken in the state).

2 Likes

Ah, Jake is the Jazz, P is the Elwood.
I like this.

Thanks @HowlinDawg

I am naming the olive green music man Olivia.
Ya, still a bit cliche, but I also do love Olivia DeBernardinis’ art, esp of Betty, even got to meet her once.

Thanks, the creative juices are flowing….

So we have…

‘61 P - Jaimie
MM - Olivia
Aerodyne J - Jake
Aerodyne P - Elwood
Gretsch - Betty

Still to do…
Ray4 (black and maroon) with SIMs pickups
Blacked out Squier 70’s CV jazz
Fender HMT hollow body
Fender Vintera Red and Gold
Kala U bass
Traveller P - thinking Midge or Cindy (the littlest Brady)
Squier Fretless

3 Likes

Lisa (SIMSons)

3 Likes

Short answer, no.

2 Likes

I can’t remember people’s names, the last thing I need to do is name my basses :joy:

4 Likes

I solve this by keeping it to one or two basses :rofl:

2 Likes

My cat’s name was whatever popped into my head at the moment. When I took him to the vet for the first time I suddenly had to come up with a name.

3 Likes

My blue Ibanez Bass is a ‘girl’, I named it Polly.

I recently got an upgrade, a Fender Jazz 62 reissue. It has a more masculine energy about it, so it needs a boy name. Haven’t chosen one yet, it’ll come.

2 Likes

I named the two I actually made based on their colors. I haven’t named any of the others yet

Poison Apple J-Bass

Turquoise Waters P-Bass

3 Likes

@athosmr2003

Cool colours and I love the names.

3 Likes

I’m new to bass, I’ve only been playing for about 5 months now. I don’t have much experience with bass but a ton in naming stuff. Lol.

For reasons unknown, I went to a pawn shop, I know I know, however with a moderate budget I walked past all the bright and shineys to an old black one almost hiding. I only wear plain black for whatever reason and its kinda my thing to get “the black one”. It was kismet. She wore black, had a past and was covered in scars left to be forgotten. Before I even played or payed I named her Dahlia.

Fast forward. I practice everyday with her, but i plan to buy a little bit nicer one sooner than later. Because I’ve already replaced a single mismatched machine head on D and all her nicks and dings I put a Zombie Tramp sticker (comic character named Janey Belle) so thats kinda her nickname/new name. After I research everything out there I will get something nicer, and use her to experiment and tinker on. Further fleshing out the Frankenstein/reanimation theme. I feel like my nice, new, store bought BLACK one should be “The Dahlia.”

3 Likes

We have many guitars and basses at home, some have names, some don’t. Signature instruments have the names of the artist (Jim 1 and Jim 2 for the 2 jazz master Jim Roots), then the old P bass 1973 previously owned by my boyfriend’s aunt has her name : Candide. We bought a LesPaul to a guy named Pat, it became Paul’s LesPat (better in French - Lespat à Paul).
We have a Pure Salem Guitar model Jimmy named… Jimmy.

Otherwise, they are more described than named. The yellow-red-white Strat. The Firebird. The Grabber. The Tele. Our most recent bass was sold by a guy named Yves, but it’s not sticking. It’s always “Blue Burst”. I suppose she can’t be named after a man.

Names depend on their past and their souls, I suppose.

1 Like

I name all my basses but I lost the directory now I’m afraid to call any because I probably offend all of them, lol.

7 Likes

Al you should just start giving them Social Security numbers or something that scales with volune

6 Likes