@Ed - User Video Index

General…

Bach Suite No. 1 in G major; BWV 1007 Prelude
You’re the one that I want (Grease s/t)
Kids in America (Kim Wilde)
Take me home, country roads (John Denver)
Saturday Night Fever (Bee Gees)
Big Fat Mama (Status Quo)
I want an Alien for Christmas (Fountains of Wayne)
Merry Christmas Everybody (Slade)
Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
Stay Clean (Motorhead)
Minuet 1 - Bach Suite for Violinocello No.1 (BWV 1007)
Easy living (Uriah Heep)
Are you gonna go my way (Lenny Kravitz)
Gdybyś kochał, hej! (Breakout)
Basket Case (Green day)
Living on an Island (Status Quo)
Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
Fortunate son (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Wichita Lineman (Glenn Campbell)
A town called Malice (the Jam)

50 songs challenge
I got you (I feel good) (James Brown)
Your love, lifting me higher (Jackie Wilson)
London Calling (The Clash)

Motörhead
The Ace of Spades (Motörhead)
Live to win (Motörhead)

14 Likes

Well done Ed!!

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m hoping to iron out the creases over the next couple of weeks …

4 Likes

Practice makes perfect!

4 Likes

How cool is that! I bet Yo Yo Ma would be impressed with your performance. :grin:

4 Likes

That was great, @Ed . Very well done. I enjoy a little classical music every now and then.
:+1:

4 Likes

Very inspiring Ed! I wonder how soon in the lessons were you able to completely finish a song to play on? I’m a complete newbie here and still in just Module 5. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated Ed. Thanks! :slight_smile: :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Hey thanks @daniel.dumaraos !

I actually had some bass experience from years ago before I started the course and I think the first song I made it through was Hey Joe by Hendrix. Then again I’ve never really made a song 100% faithful to the original - I usually get to about 95% and think “good enough”. Sure it’s good to perfect segments for the sake of practice (learning fills or riffs etc) but you also need to build fluency and have some fun.

I would say now and again just find a song you like, learn the basic riff or chord progression off the internet and just go banging through it. If you like a song but it’s above your skill level for now, nothing wrong with fudging your way though it for now and redoing it later when you’ve levelled up a bit :grinning:.

2 Likes

Greate advice @Ed ! I was having second thoughts getting into play-along tracks at first thinking that I may not have yet the right foundational skills to even begin with it. Thanks again.

3 Likes