Fave bass youtube channels (other than BB)

Man, this is why I don’t have a Youtube channel. My entire wardrobe might as well BE cat hair at this point (we have six cats). The other reason I don’t have a Youtube channel is one that Glenn would appreciate, and that’s because I’m a bassist. :smiley:

3 Likes

haha, just was invoking @Barney’s don’t take advice from a guy in pajamas (Lobster)

1 Like

Hahaa, thought that’s who you meant – To his credit, Lobster tells you up front in his intro that there will be cats (and by that reasoning, cat hair pyjamas) :smiley:

2 Likes

I really like Zach Rizer’s videos, lots of inspiration for ambient and synthy sounds. He’s the reason I bought a Mercury 7.

2 Likes

Glenn’s great for tips on recording and general sound engineer work. His schtick gets old but in his actual teaching videos he’s awesome.

3 Likes

i stopped watching after 20 seconds. anyone who has to yell at me is not worth listening to.

3 Likes

Not bass related but a cool channel if you are into instrument restoring.
@John_E you’ll probably get a kick out of his sax repair vids.

4 Likes

Sax repair is a pure art form. Vintage ones even more so. Cool channel.

I follow this guy (now a friend) who has done a lot of work for me. He is tops of the top in this field and no one thinks through original design and purpose and how to properly fix more than him, it’s fascinating watching how deep he goes. Any engineer/musician will find him cool to watch.

3 Likes

Subscribed!
I’ve been watching that Wes guy for the last few weeks. want to get a Trombone now! 🫤

1 Like

Trombones are super fun. Had one for a while but decided back then to focus on trumpet.

1 Like

I played baritone in high school for a year. I wanted to play trumpet but baritone is what the teacher gave me instead. I lost interest pretty quickly and concentrated on sports instead.

I really wanted to play sax but my dad decided it cost too much so I played trumpet but quickly lost interest and they handed me a baritone.
Lugging that and the ‘no real music for it’ thing made me give up music as a kid.

2 Likes

Nearly forgot Beholden to the Riff - The heaviest bass channel on youtube

8 Likes

YES. Now here’s a channel all the metalheads should be watching… whether they play bass or not. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

hell yea :metal: :smiley: :metal:

3 Likes

Just started following Cici and apparently she just got a deal with Andertons which is a great gear channel for bass. Wish her all the luck!

1 Like

It looks like @Mac bought his carpet from Andertons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It belongs to the guy who sold me the bass @AnotherJosh :joy:

1 Like

Well we know where he bought it @Mac :rofl:

2 Likes

Is Lee back with Anderton’s? I haven’t watched the channel pretty much since he left. Now that’s some great news if he is! He’s a heck of a bass (and guitar) player!

2 Likes