Fave bass youtube channels (other than BB)

Yeah for some time now. Not to confuse with the captain who is also called Lee and owns the store. Think most of them had a small break over the years.

3 Likes

Lee Voss.

2 Likes

Is Lee Voss back? He’s a very tasty player. Great versatility and technique. I really enjoy his playing.

3 Likes

Apparently so.

3 Likes

This guys has a handful of cover videos on his channel and a lot of them are covers of 311 songs (which I love). But I post this here because he has, what might be, the best YouTube channel name that I’ve seen. Not to downplay his skills, he’s talented. And I love this song and hope to be able to play it one day.

Bass Ventura: Fret Detective
https://youtu.be/IBJlf8RIVK4

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

B-Side. Good player, really good sense of humor.

2 Likes

…whom I have a completely inexplicable crush on. WHAT IS IT ABOUT THAT GUY?!

2 Likes

I like Charles Berthoud. If someone seems like a genuinely nice person I’m more inclined to watch them. I think Davie504 seems like a genuinely nice guy too but I wish he’d do something different than his schoolboy humour videos. I get why they have to do the ‘silly’ type stuff, clickbaity titles though.

I really enjoy watching John Taylor, especially the Planet Earth video:

Otherwise, I watch random bass cover videos.

3 Likes

Me, too. Not only a virtuoso bassist, but also an accomplished composer and arranger.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware of this. I watched one of his videos where he said he turned to youtube because people didn’t seem to be interested in his brand of weird solo bass performances.

2 Likes

This article fleshes out a lot of details.

3 Likes

Hey, Mark made a Hooky video.

6 Likes

this is the way

1 Like

Any new favourites for you all?

I spend a lot of time trying to play along to tab videos: Cover Solutions, Paul del Bello and Samboat Music (who always makes me laugh because he’s so happy looking in his videos).

2 Likes

Erik Arko and Gregor still top my list.

2 Likes

Remco’s Groove lab he has a lot of funky tunes. Juliaplaysgroove good songs and very clean playing. Leland Sklar need I say more…

2 Likes

I enjoy the “Top 5” videos

Marcelo Feldman is pure inspiration

David Caraccio covers are killers

And Martha. It’s been a long time since last post but I go back there all the time for inspiration

4 Likes

Ya I’m really bummed Marta stopped posting. She’s incredible. I go back and watch her all the time.

3 Likes

This is not exactly bass (though he does do a lot of low end stuff), but Cameron (Venus Theory) is taking his channel in a really interesting direction. He’s moving from videos being mostly about music production into more meta-oriented topics around how to improve as an artist in general. And they are actually really well done.