Favourite genre of music?

I like anything that sounds like real music, the genre generally depends on what I’m doing at that moment, and what mood I’m in. I like music that makes me feel good.

It’s easier for me to list the genres I DON’T like, which are basically the type where someone is shouting bad poetry into a mic without actually singing, or the ones where the lead singer seems to be angry with the audience and the world in general.

Other than that, I’m pretty open.

2 Likes

Any “singer” that uses Auto Tune is not really a singer.

2 Likes

A surprising number of pop singers are using it…

1 Like

Yes. Almost all pop singers who also can perform live singing very good usually have some kind of extra tuning in there so the studio version is inhumanly clean.

It’s not that distorted auto-tune that sometimes is left in as a stylechoice. It sounds like clean singing but the pitch is extra-clean due to pitching with software.

3 Likes

LOL. Two of my favorites :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know :rofl:

2 Likes

The Drummer and the Bas at the front of the stage !! Whats not to like !! It very cool, gotta love it !!

3 Likes

I’ve just finished to watch the video, it was a great concert ! loved it ! congratulations @Gio :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Right on! Glad you dig it, @terb!
I don’t know if you’ve had this experience… I’ve played in lots and lots of bands over the years… but this one is the one that is deepest and closest to my heart.
Oh, sweet, sweet Toast Machine!

5 Likes

I am a huge fan of 70’s harmonies/sound and my early music was all Supertramp & Electric Light Orchestra. Recently I have found a band that satisfies this taste - Cats in Space.

In addition - like most here - I have a fairly eclectic taste from Abba to ZZTop. If it has a decent groove/melody then I am usually hooked. My karaoke tune is Mac the Knife as sung by Bobby Darrin though :slight_smile:

Link to the Cats

Graeme

3 Likes

Mainly Ska and Punk Rock. For Ska anything from Toots and the Maytals to The Specials to The Slackers. Ska/Punk like Operation Ivy to Suicide Machines. As for Punk 70’s thru to present.

4 Likes