Favourite genre of music?

Should have been more specific! MFX = Multi FX! Its a Korg AX1. Small footprint, two pedals for up/down and a rocker pedal for wah/vol. I use it for Octave down, delays and compression mostly, but it does crazy too thanks to flange, chorus, a ringmod etc. etc. The great thing is the EH stuff comes with a dry out too so a parallel signal can run wherever, very handy indeed. Great for stereo set up. It really does sound like King Crimsom, I think more because of the B9.

I guess I’m kinda stuck in 70’s and 80’s rock, myself :slight_smile: . . . “Classic Rock”?

Stones, Doobie Brothers, the Who, Mountain, Joe Walsh, Talking Heads, Clapton, etc.

Same here but I go back a little farther with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Creedence and The Band.

I do have a style, it’s yer basic rock/metal/blues bass and I really like Mastodon at the moment.
But! I’ve been discovering some fantastic stuff out of the Middle East and Africa and some stuff that just destroys any border both Nationalistic and Musical. If you can, check out Yemen Blues or Quarter to Africa. Some incredible timings and fusions of everything from Hip Hop to Jazz all mixed with middle eastern polyrhythms and instruments.

Hey @muff, haven’t seen you around in a while! Can you post a link to those artists you recommended?

@muff - I second that request!

Yemen Blues, it’s not so much about the Bass. More about the beauty of Humanity.

De grands yeux amoureux, écarquillés
Ton visage contre le mien
Je peux voir ton sourire s’offrir à moi
Les mots soulevèrent très haut Certains se sentent faiblir
Tu sais que j’vais sombrer
Certains ne changent pas Certains se sentent faiblir
Certains ne changent pas
Le temps répare les rêves, les efface…
Et tu t’éloignes de moi
Tu ne ressens pas la peur juste un regard gentil en moi
Je ressens la réponse à ce que je suis
Certains se sentent faiblir
Certains ne changent pas

Pretty much everything, although I have a heavy preference for metal. Big fan of Mastodon.

On a side note, since we’re sharing some bass stuff, one of the guys that has inspired me is Jacques Bono. I love this solo of his… Also just saw Josh has a Bach video up, going to have to check that out.