So who doesn’t know, lemme bring you up to speed.
Few days ago I finally received MIM Fender Mustang Bass I ordered like half a year ago.
It’s basically most expensive bass I own now, paid for it around 920$, with delivery, taxes, and bass was even discounted for me. It’s not something I would call cheap bass, I expected much more.
First thing, aesthetically, bass has good finish, only thing that bothers me a little tiny bit is that you can really mess up your hand if you slide up hard on the nut.
And then comes the bane of everything.
I said: What? How can you mess up electronics on passive bass.
Well they done it.
- Volume pot is basically on/off switch, til up to 95% it does nothing, it’s dead silence, and then boom, all at once.
- Knobs feel so cheap, they don’t have any weight when you turn them, like they are oiled, I think if you blew harder you would be able to turn them. That combined with problem I told about before, when you accidentally touch knob, when popping or something you basically lose sound.
- Jazz/bridge pick up is so weak, it seems they put it there just to be there. You can never use it solo.
- Tone pot, you can’t hear much difference unless you are on P pickup.
- And then most weird one. Pickup switch. It has three option as per instructions. P, J or PJ pick up combo. What I experienced:
- J position: I cant hear ya
- PJ position: It’s aight I guess, a bit louder
- P position: Big boom boost OMG WTF turn down the amp.
I’ll probably sell it, and get myself some Sire bass.
RayRay is still best bass I own, @T_dub