Fender is overrated/overpriced (Calling Mustang owners for opinion)

I bet you are. You have ti become part of their sales team.

3 Likes

Uh lol the retailer just sent me 10% off coupon for next purchase. Like there will be one.

Guess to soothe my pain.

3 Likes

get a sharpie, write LOL on it, mail it back

2 Likes

Yeah wish they thought that.

Actually I don’t.
I sort of despise sales for a job.
I have been told many times I should be in sales, but I can’t sell anything I don’t believe in, and there is no sales job where you wouldn’t have to sell a product you just don’t like. Even if I loved all their Basses, there is bound to be something I think is bunk.

Then again, they kind of sell themselves, so I guess I could just collect a paycheck. Lol.
Give good customer service, that’s cool too.

4 Likes

Pay it forward.
I am sure somebody would use it.

2 Likes

Well I just noticed how much thread has blown up since yesterday :smiley:

2 Likes

Well the thread title is kinda provocative :laughing:

2 Likes

Or you could wipe ……. No I’ll stop there

2 Likes

I’m confused. Why aren’t you doing a return or a warranty repair? Why are you choosing to sell it? Your choice of course, but I don’t understand this route as you are likely to lose some money that way. At least do the warranty repair before you sell it if you don’t like the bass? Or return it for a refund? I think their VAT excuse is invalid. Also, assuming you paid for this with a card, you can dispute the transaction as faulty product with the bank or card issuer and they will be forced to take the product back or compensate you accordingly. There are a lot of ways to protect the consumer for things like this.

2 Likes

Maybe share your video with Fender customer care and see if they agree that it’s normal. It won’t cost anything to flag this to them and give them an opportunity to respond.

Hmmmm… Maybe the other Mustang owners should return their Basses because they lack this “normal” behavior. :thinking:

2 Likes

He said the place he got it near his home does not have a great return policy.
Guessing they ordered it for him, and said he has to keep it.
Small shop, not others around? Something like that.

Still, I would try to take it back, or have them deal with fender at least.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I wouldn’t just accept it personally. I’m used to retailers trying their luck fighting returns because they know most people will probably just give up. Even if they have terms saying no refunds, it doesn’t mean they are legally allowed to refuse refunds. I appreciate sometimes it isn’t worth the fight though.

2 Likes

The best thing to do is have fender deal with it and voice your opinions with them and then with your wallet.

Big companies have thresholds for QC issues. If you don’t make a stink and get the call volume to the “action” level, you go into the “complainer” pile. There is always a low volume of “noise” that means nothing to a company that big. It’s just the way it is.

2 Likes

Bill said it best about advertising :grin:

2 Likes

Biggest issue for me is cause my country isnt part of EU and I ordered this bass from Netherlands. So taxing rules are different here. I would have to pay VAT again once it comes from EU here after change or repairs being done there.

Its much cheaper to fix it by myself.

2 Likes

There ain’t no loctite like a cross-thread!

2 Likes

I’m not saying you are wrong, but what you are saying would surprise me greatly if it is true. I mean, I expect it to be as you said, but I’d also expect you would be able to fill out a form to get re-imbursed for paying VAT twice on the same item. Anyway, you do what you feel is the right thing to do. Some things aren’t worth the hassle.

2 Likes

RIP Bill.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s some paperwork involved but it’s entirely possible to return goods between EU and non EU countries without having to eat the VAT. I’ve had to do it between Ireland and the UK. It’s not that big of a deal.

4 Likes

I had to take the Steinberger and my project bass into the Guitar Junkyard today for tuning (the Steinberger can’t use a Snark of course) and also so Terry could check the truss rod on my project one (which he said was fine). I brought up the problems with the Mustang and he said to spray the pots first just in case, but he was more concerned about the pickups. He said to do a volt meter check to make sure you’re getting the right readings. He also said it’s an inherent problem with the Mustangs specifically and agrees that retailers SHOULD at least give you a warranty.

7 Likes