Fender Rumble LT25

For anyone in the market, for a practice amp the Spark is pretty amazing. Lots of tones and provides backing tracks.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjlmKrDxufuAhUbHq0GHXQuA0kYABAAGgJwdg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRoaWB_3Aq1WxNSMQKPtCUy2w&sig=AOD64_0RjSSRGkU1qmlYV3zRpdOxK5ZCQA&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwiGtKLDxufuAhXVPn0KHaPjDfIQ0Qx6BAgTEAE

Well Howard, I’m happy to report that just days before buying an LT25 I was able to get a Rumble 40 off craigslist!

Used :white_check_mark:
Bigger :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Excellent, well done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So for the past few days I have re-visited with my little LT25 after an 8 month retirement. Reason being, my Peavey Max 300 combo amp is in the shop and I’m still waiting to hear if Peavey is goin to cover it under their warranty or not. Basically the Peavey has shaken itself loose on the inside of the AMP section and makes a horrible vibrating noise I can’t stand any longer, but that’s a different thread :slight_smile:

I almost sold the LT25, in fact it was boxed up, foot switch and all, ready to go on the local FaceBook garage sale sites. Only reason it wasn’t sold was simple procrastination on my part because I hadn’t taken the pics I needed to for the ad and I didn’t want to be bothered unpacking it.

Now I’m glad i kept it!!! It has proven to be a great little backup practice amp, and has given me some new perspective on the whole bass playing situation. I wasn’t dead in the water without the LT25 either, I could easily plug my pedal board into my MOTU M2 and play through headphones or my small studio monitors. Plus tapping into the effects from Reaper if desired. I do those things often depending on what I’m trying to do. But for me, I prefer to play through the amp whenever possible.

I only had the LT25 for 4 or 5 months when I replaced it, and moved on to the bigger amp and a pedal board. It was my first amp, and what I did the entire B2B course on. I was a total beginner when I started with it. So to go back to it now after an 8 month break from it has been very interesting.

First thing I did was plug my pedal board into it. Now my board is nothing fancy really. A tuner, auto wah, compressor, pre-amp, and two dirt pedals. But I’ve got things how I want them to sound, when I want them that way, clean, dirty, or in-between, and am totally happy. I picked a preset on the LT25 I made 8 months ago that is just a variation of their big rumble preset that I tweaked for good clean tones how I like them. With just my compressor and my preamp on I had my “normal” slightly driven and slightly thickened tone I’m use to on the Peavey… Perfect, I’m a happy camper, it sounds good! A good practice secession was had!

Then I started playing with all the presets on the LT25 once again today, with my board still in front of it the same way. Ok… what a difference 8 more months of practice (and a year of playing overall) makes when you start to play with some of the real high gain presets. Things I had no use for before now sparked all kinds of new creative ideas and I rocked the hell out of this little amp for a solid 2 hours of impromptu jamming. I can make things sound good now that a year ago sounded like I was dragging a metal garbage can down a driveway. Very similar feeling to recording yourself and then listing to the same recording 8 months later.

I really enjoyed having soooooooo many options to choose from again. Not that I am unhappy with my Peavey setup. It has the sound I want for most of my playing 98% of the time. It pushes a LOT more air, and has even broken an aluminum framed storm window on my practice room once :smiling_imp:

But to suddenly have access to nearly every effect under the sun again with a little more experience under my belt has me totally rethinking the direction I want to go with my gear next. I may see a multi-effects processor in my near future. Something along the lines of a Line 6 POD Go, or a Line 6 HX Stomp XL. Much more research needs to be done before that kind of cash gets spent. I wish there was one at that level that was more bass specifically orientated, but we shall see.

Oh I feel a bad case of GAS building up!!!

L8r
Chris

4 Likes