Fender Rumble LT25

OK got it. I’m not into physical pedals but I guess you can add any pedal you’d like to the amp.

1 Like

You can run any pedal chain you want in front of a LT25, just like any other amp.

Effects Loops on amps are optional and usually exist for placing pedals after the preamp but before the power amp. They are not required to use pedals with an amp at all.

If I had a LT25 I would primarily use it for its amp and cab sims and run my actual effects in pedals in front of the amp. But that’s just me. The fact that it has USB audio out is cool for recording for sure, but I would definitely want a dedicated audio interface not tied to the amp for that instead, myself.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Rumbles go on sale very often? I’ve got my eye on the LT25 but I’m in no rush if they typically go on sale every few months…

2 Likes

I’d recommend looking for used instead.

You will outgrow the LT25 eventually and want to sell it; might as well let someone else take the depreciation hit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure how quickly I would out grow it. I’m mostly playing for myself with some infrequent jamming, and not likely to do any gigging (which I’m sure would require an upgrade).

I also find the electronics really intriguing as well. Someone experienced in the guitar world may not benefit so much, but it seems like a really cost-effective way for a novice to experiment with the different EQ presets and pedal sims as a starting point to see what types of sounds are out there.

Besides, I thought one of the tenets of GAS was that you accumulate gear rather than replace it :wink:

2 Likes

Mileage varies. I sell unused gear with near-religious zeal and use the money to buy new stuff :slight_smile:

But in general I regret it if I ever have to buy new gear. Used gear is the way to go unless you like spending more than necessary. I’ve never once had an issue with it, though you have to be careful of course.

I have taken advantage of warranties twice with new gear, but that’s because I bought it new and it was defective. So in a way, you could say that 100% of my gear fails have been on new gear, not used :slight_smile:

1 Like

Used is always a good option, but then you’re subject to unpredictable availability, and there aren’t any LT25s available around here right now :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah definite factor. I’ve been waiting for a SR2400 to turn up used for two years now :slight_smile:

Of course if one does I probably won’t be in a buying position anyway. And it would be kind of a pointless buy to begin with as it is just a slightly better version of my current bass.

1 Like

@howard none of those are reasons to not buy it :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the bad part :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah but this is the one you want … if you ever see one used, it could be very frustrating to retrain and not buy it !

2 Likes

I am kind of kicking myself about missing that SBV-550 too :rofl:

3 Likes

I think that you should break your 1-bass-only rule if you can find a SBV-550 and a SR2400 …

(I’m not at all into those active modern basses like the SRs but that’s not the first time you mention this model, it’s obvious that it’s really the one you want … and a SBV-550 is a bit like a unicorn, if you find one you don’t let it go like if nothing happened :grin: )

3 Likes

That red 550 sold for something like the equivalent of 400 euros. I totally should have bought it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OH YES you should have bought it !

3 Likes

Those only come up every few years, it seems. I wonder if Miki or Fumi bought it :slight_smile:

They probably already have them all.

One up now but at about 1000 euro, more than double what they usually go for here. Which is actually probably their real value.

https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m46629593985/

2 Likes

in France when a SBV pops up, which is really really rare, it sells for about, say, $1200 to $1500. and it’s almost never a 550. I bought my red 500 from the UK at about $400 at the time (maybe 12 years ago), incredible deal.

I’m almost sure Fumi has all the colors, including the candy apple red one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XoJ0cmf63A

2 Likes

Yeah, Fumi probably has them all, and I guess Miki has even some of the obscure and more high end ones too.

2 Likes

in term of quality, a SBV compares to a MIA Fender without any shame. so yeah it’s not crazy to see those things at about 1000€ (or often a bit more).

3 Likes

I had the Max 115 and it was a very nice amp.