Following Users! (New Feature)

Thanks to an inquiry from @eric.kiser, we’ve added a plugin to the forum that allows you to follow other users, list the latest topics involving them and receive notifications when they post.

How To Follow Somebody

It’s really really easy - just click on their name in a thread, and this will pop up:

Click the “Follow” button, and voilà, you’ll get notifications when they post. You can also use the “Follow” button on someone’s profile page.

How to See Who You're Following / Who's Following You

Just head to your profile and click the Network tab, and you’ll see who you follow, and who’s following you:

The notifications you get will look like this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.32.29 AM

Enjoy! Let me know in this thread if you have any questions/issues with this new feature.

12 Likes

Seems to work - It immediately notified me about this post.
Really good suggestion and quick realization of the feature!

My thanks to everyone involved.

7 Likes

Oh sh*t. :laughing: :rofl:

I’ll have to behave now.

Seriously: thanks for facilitating this!

7 Likes

Under close scrutiny :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

:musical_note: :musical_keyboard:
Josh is making a list
Checking it twice
Gonna find out
Who’s naughty or nice
:musical_note: :musical_note: :guitar:

12 Likes

This is so cool! Thanks, Josh.

6 Likes

Thanks @JoshFossgreen!! So cool!! Great feature!

7 Likes

Just gonna put it out there, so that no one has to second-guess me: I will NOT follow anyone… just trawling through the forum the old-fashioned way! :smile:

9 Likes

same :v::grin:

8 Likes

Haha! No worries, and completely understood. If you post a lot anyway, I probably won’t follow you, I’ll just see you pop up often enough. Because everyone I follow on here are now my news feed :laughing: In other words, whatever craziness you post, or whatever mood you happen to be in, I’ll be notified :joy: And vice versa, with me! :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I would think that the feature exists to add to the convenience of the follower, not to please the ego of the followed. So I don’t think you have to explain anything.

When it comes to not wanting to be followed, now there’s another matter. Let’s see how you think about that… there. :grin:

8 Likes

Love it!!

This forum is getting better everyday!!

Already started following some of you that have quality posts and replies!

Cheers!!

7 Likes

Not a problem, obviously :grin:

7 Likes

It’s not really a problem for me, but I thought I should still report it.
The message for push notifications on the “app” seems to be missing for the follow plugin:

I don’t think it’s a big problem and hope the feature can stay implemented.

5 Likes

Let the stalking begin!

:crazy_face:

9 Likes

Was just about to say that… mwa ha ha ha

3 Likes

Thanks @juli0r, I’ll look into that.

1 Like

:santa: @PamPurrs :santa:

2 Likes

I just love this number

5 Likes