Forum Question Fears

That’s for others to judge. :grin:

4 Likes

The best ant sci fi horror movie is Phase IV. Basically ants super evolve and take over the world !

3 Likes

Lol. I always liked Them!, A 50s sci Fi about giant mutated ants from atomic testing. Actually well done.

4 Likes

That’s why I asked what YOU particularly consider a stupid question.

I am not trying to center you out just point out to people, especially beginners, that what one person considers stupid may not be stupid to another individual.

2 Likes

A stupid question would be ‘What’s the best sci fi horror ant movie. The answer is, they’re ALL fantastic.
All Hail our Ant Overlords!!

6 Likes

Scared the heck out of me when I was a kid!
Now, it’s a good classic…

Also fond of The Spider :spider: and The Fly with David Hedison and Vincent Price

5 Likes

With James Arness from Gunsmoke. I remember that one.

3 Likes

I discovered that when working outside in Texas! Not only did they try and eat me, they quickly discovered the food in my backpack… i saw a long line of ants coming/going, looked inside and just decided to toss everything in the garbage :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

To be fair, you could just type “what does indie mean” into google and have your answer in less than a second. I can never understand why people ask questions in a forum without googling it first and having an/some answer(s) much more quickly.

1 Like

Wow, really?

Again Sir, I was only trying to be funny with my post (#15) and that’s why I ended it with the wink emoji ( :wink:) and that should have been your tipoff.

1 Like

Hey @NipperDog lets cut @Celticstar some slack. I think he said somewhere he’s 95. So emoticons are just another thing in a long list of stuff he’s had to learn

I mean imagine starting life as a Victorian chimney sweep, then seeing the horse being replaced by the car in the 30s, WW2, colour TV in the 50s etc :grin:

4 Likes

I spent all day yesterday asking stupid questions here about amps and cabs.
I got amazing answers, confirmation of some things I thought were correct, some that were wrong and most importantly, clarity of some things.

I love asking stupid noob guy questions here, there is always someone who gives a very sound answer. Not the same on other forums.

The sax forum (which is dying btw for this very reason) is riddled with grumpy old men who yell at everyone who doesn’t know anything. I did learn a lot over there but now know enough to ignore them completely as the extra nonsense is not worth it.

I don’t see that here which is great.

7 Likes

Just curious, aren’t there any young people learning to play sax? It would be shame if there wasn’t, as it’s a great instrument.

3 Likes

My son played sax in school but he won’t go near it now. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes but it’s a small group. It’s a tough instrument outside of school programs. And has lost popularity since the damned guitar took over (it was the #1 instrument til then). So you get a lot of academic jazz peeps coming out of college and then middle Agee’s but it’s a lot harder to take up than bass and a lot more involved with gear etc.

The forum seems to only draw older people.

3 Likes

OK, I just thought a question that some might think of as stupid, but I honestly don’t know the answer.

Who the heck is this Bassbot character? Or perhaps I should be asking what he is?

4 Likes

I noticed this thing the other day and have NO IDEA!

4 Likes

HA, and I thought it was just me! :rofl:

3 Likes

@bassbot explain yourself

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

2 Likes