Forum Question Fears

Music education in schools is a joke. I have a friend who’s made it his life’s mission to try to change how mischief is taught so kids actually want to play.

Side note, the entire music education system in the US was essentially a marketing tactic created by Conn! They pushed marching bands and school music programs hard and got schools to start programs all to sell more instruments! Genius!!!

3 Likes

@bassbot display help

3 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@bassbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@bassbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@bassbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. — Albert Einstein

@bassbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

3 Likes

@bassbot display help.

2 Likes

@bassbot tell everyone about the affair you and I have been having. Don’t be bashful.

6 Likes

Oh boy, this should be good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You haven’t lived until you’ve kissed tin lips

5 Likes

What makes you think I haven’t?

5 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

Maybe he should be renamed Shybot.

3 Likes

Hasn’t that name already been taken in The Matrix?

1 Like

Music Man. They made it into a musical, the whole conn thing that is.

1 Like

Oh my

1 Like

I’ve actually never seen that movie. :flushed:

1 Like

Actually I turned 71 last week :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You obviously did not read the whole thread :slightly_smiling_face:
This was already mentioned by @Noisembryo and answered around post 18.

2 Likes

1 - Don’t beleive everything you read on the internet (true, for abbreviations or terms, should be correct, but not much else is all reliable)
2 - people actually like to engage with other people, even if only thru posts and messages on a forum - which can end up spawning off LIVE HANGS on Zoom meetings, and LIVE MEET UPS for lunches as a group. Plus people that will meet up in Japan at some point for a shopping spree, with a food stop I am sure.
3 - Sometimes, the question comes WHILE you are typing in a post, and it is much more convenient, to ask those, you are already in the middle of typing to engage with, instead of going off to google, in the middle of your post, and SOME times, with my old computer, and internet traffic, it takes longer to open up Google, and get an answer typed in and searched for, then I would get an answer with somebody that I am pretty much exchanging posts with in real time.
Probably more reasons too, but that is enough to validate the point.

That aligns with reason number 1, 2, and probably 3 above

6 Likes

Plus googling often leads to talkbass, which is a serious mixed bag of ego-fueled dunning-krueger when it comes to advice.

7 Likes

Reason 1

6 Likes

yup :slight_smile:

6 Likes