Fretless Fan Club

You should never be sad again, or for very long. Music and family. You’ve done some things, right.

2 Likes

I think you need 1 more, just 1.

3 Likes

Have either of you considered simply providing a separate residence for your basses? Sell it to the SO as being “for tax reasons?”

Actually now that I think about it, Al already kind of has :rofl:

1 Like

@Al1885’s mathematical equation:

OPTIMAL_NUMBER_BASSES = CURRENT_ NUMBER_BASSES + 1

2 Likes

It’s classified as a Local Museum so I’m Tax exempt, lol.

3 Likes

Amazing collection of fretless basses! There is so much beauty there!

1 Like

Thanks @Shibata i think that’s for me lol.

1 Like

Old_WannaBe

Oct '22

Anyone try one of those $100ish Chinese fretless necks on ebay? How did that work out?

————————————-

I bought a Glarry unlined fretless for that price, and I am very happy.

(The sentence after the dotted lines is my contribution. I am not getting how to incorporate a quote from a prior post into my posts here. Usually, there’s a simple “reply with” link.)

StevFargan

Sep '22

After doing a site search and reading this thread from a year ago, I think that I want to be in the Fretless Fan Club. I have always loved the beautiful, unique sound of a fretless bass.

——————————

I also want to join the fretless club, and my check-writing fingers are getting itchy. How much is the entry fee and to whom should I send my check?

Bill
:grin:

2 Likes

You select the text you want to quote by highlighting with your mouse (or other input device) and then a “quote” popup shows up above the selected text. You press on it and a reply is generated with the quote text on top. This also works when you are already editing a reply and select text from an earlier post.
:smile:

Thanks Joerg. Hey, it works! :grinning:

2 Likes

Fretless are fun you can pickup the cheap one for very reasonable price. I personally like the Squier vintage Modified Fretless jazz bass. Sounds great and feels great. A Used one are around $220

1 Like

It was a joke, but thanks for the helpful info.

1 Like

Why would that be a joke? Lol.

Cause I don’t really feel like sending a check to the first forum member who steps up and says “I am the head of the fretless fan club” and and that I should mail them the $50 club admission fee.

1 Like

We don’t take checks.

We do really like cookies though…

6 Likes

And hot coco.

3 Likes

I’m the head of the fanless fret club: there’s nobody in it and we don’t do anything.

4 Likes

Then you definitely need the money!

Fretful bass versus fretless bass

=

Football tire run versus skating on a limpid, crystalline, frozen pond.

2 Likes