GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Yes. I have. I admit it. I saw you in the support group :sweat_smile:
It’s not like I can actually acquire anything by looking at the Herr Schwarz ad. Guess it’s the GAS equivalent of someone on a diet looking at sweets and cakes.

2 Likes

I told him I want it, so should be locked up.

Right now tho, I have lesson with Josh in 6 min.

3 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs,
My impression is you are the go to gadget guru, I’m sure there are threads on here on what is a good value audio interface, I couldn’t be bothered sifting through, maybe time poor or lazy?
So can you provide a bit of feedback
Thanks in advance
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Maybe this post here helps: Recording Hardware "Beginner" Setup - #37 by juli0r
I made a comparison table a while ago - although you can go a bit cheaper if you’re content with only one input. I know you asked Pam but I saw an opportunity that my comparison table might be useful, okay? :smiley: Just scroll to the picture with the table in the post.

2 Likes

Thanks @juli0r,
I knew there would be some good folk happy to assist.
I did go to a shop in southMelbourne yesterday called sound factory to check them out and the cheapest they had in stock was 340aud
Will check it out when I get home from work.

Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I’m really not, but thank you. Although I have purchased quite a few gadgets I’m not the expert. There are quite a few people here with way more knowledge and expertise than I have on that subject.
The thread that @juli0r recommended is a good start. I posted a few comments on there about my Zoom U-44 and the Zoom U-22 that I recently sold, but I am in no way a guru on the matter.
Best wishes in your quest.

4 Likes

Oh my.

Someone should outbid me on that red TRBX I just bid €100 on.

8 Likes

Totally worth it! (Unless there is something wrong with this particular bass…)

4 Likes

The exact model and color I owned and a steal at that price, assuming there’s nothing wrong with it.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m expecting to be outbid, actually.

5 Likes

Don’t tempt me.
Although I probably would have problems explaining another bass to my better half xD

5 Likes

Hey, you’re in the process of procuring an LTD. Don’t get sidetracked. :laughing:

In my case, it’s pretty simple. If I get this one, the bass I play least will have to find another owner. My Low End Wall accommodates three basses, and that’s it.

6 Likes

In other news… the owner just messaged me. She was working with an interested party, but apparently, they fell silent. If she hasn’t heard by the end of today, it’s mine.

DAAAAAAAAANG
WHAT HAVE I DONE

8 Likes

Hi @peterhuppertz,
It looks really nice, and I’m a big Yamaha fan.
Good luck.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Bought an awesome bass for 30% of the retail price!?

6 Likes

It’s a great bass, you’ll love it. For me it was the gateway drug to my 604.

5 Likes

Got yourself a nice modern bass :wink:

6 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
Been doing a bit more investigation into audio interface
And the Focusrite 212 looks like a pretty good unit?
What’s your thoughts, and I did read your interface post options.
I was also investigating if you can by a bass head with inbuilt interface, no luck there as it would make it a lot easier?
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I still have to get it. It may be gone by the end of the day.

3 Likes

I get what you are saying but to me that’s against the seperation of concerns principle :wink: So I don’t know if such a thing exists and even if it would I wouldn’t be interested.

Yes. The FocusRite Scarlett is very popular. I also want to repeat what I said in the post: I am no expert and since creating that comparison table I haven’t ordered one DAI so I never had one in my hands. All knowledge is pure theoretical and gained through reading/watching reviews and comparing specs.

I personally liked the price/value of Behringer but they are currently hard to come by so maybe not an option.

I’m not sure why you are favoring the FocusRite? It’s a very popular DAI overall but to me it feels like I’m paying 20-50€ extra for it looking nice. If it’s a question of availability I understand. Otherwise I personally don’t see the selling point vs. the others in the list.

3 Likes