GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Howard, I think you should get this machine. ;D

3 Likes

I think @howard probably already has all this (and more) in software :grin:

5 Likes

That’s not an obstacle! :smiley: I also have all possible software synths, but hardware with knobs and so is simply much more satisfying. And you can also use these boxes without PC, which is the main thing for me. All the synths hooked to my main sequencer and I don’t even starting my PC anymore. :smiley:

4 Likes

I was tempted a bit by a MiniBrute but I am gonna stay away from hardware synths I think. I have so much in software at this point :rofl:

2 Likes

You can actually upload your own wavetables to the Freak. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Can it sample directly as well?

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem so unless it’s a part of one of the included synth algorithms.

You have to use MIDI Control Center to send it to the Freak:

But still, it’s really neat to be able to upload literally any wavetable from any software wavetable synth. NI Massive will be a treasure trove of sounds.

3 Likes

Serum too, especially making your own WTs to load. If it takes those too.

3 Likes

Double wireless GAS day today.
Not sure about either, will see.

@RuknRole - you are responsible for one of them

Currently have 4 different thingys charging.

10 Likes

Ha ha glad I could help. I’m sure you’re going to love them! Enjoy!

2 Likes

@John_E here’s a list of all the current amps, cabs and pedals the the helix does. If you ever decide to go down the digital path later :wink:

1 Like

Wow that is a TON.

However, what I learned from my Rumble Studio 40 experiement, is that I want to hear each of my basses clean and clear through my amp/cab. Thus the Bergantino amp and Fearless F112 cab.
I still can add amp/cab sim things with the Bass DI (B15N or SVT) and have the XLR port on the B7K to add anything they have or use other patches. That said, i don’t actually like most other amp/cab sims, which I hope luckily means I will never have a pile of amps and cabs around.

1 Like

All I can see is Kate Bush…

3 Likes

Kate Approves!

3 Likes

Ive always told my wife that a landscaper painter needs multiple brushes to paint his piece.
Thats why I need 6 guitars, each has it’s own special voice.

I suspect I’ll be using the same argument with additional basses.

-Doc

3 Likes

Man, I can’t tell you (cause you already know) how awesome it is to not be tethered!
What a super fun bit of kit.

2 Likes

Nice John @John_E ,
Look forward to some feedback on the wizard bass headset, I have heard good things about them.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I put feedback here…LOVE THEM.

1 Like

So, I thought I’d share a few pictures of my latest acquisition, an “Echo” brand lawsuit invitation from an EBMM stingray.

The neck is a 1.65" monster with a thick, baseball bat profile. However, with the satin finish, it has a great feel. Still learning to manouver the neck, but it sounds AMAZING, even with the cheap, shitty ass strings that are on it. When I get it home, it’ll get Rotosound RL-66’s. Interestingly, the bridge has string-through holes, so I might actually drill it through, put in ferrules and string it that way. The only downside is the palisander fretboard. I wanted the maple, but they didn’t have it. I’m going to leave the pup as is. It sounds great.

Also, the maple in the neck is pretty funky to look at. Here it is at two angles of reflected light (satin finish BTW, just how I like them):

13 Likes

Should name this one Louie, for Louisville Slugger!
Nice get.

4 Likes