GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

That neck is really surprising, nice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes, and the headstock is like that as wall. I may clearcoat it with gloss, just to bring out the “tiger stripes”.

5 Likes

It’s finally delivered custom wood Pickguard and wood control plate.

19 Likes

Very very nice @Al1885

4 Likes

Thanks @Mac its about to get traded to a Chapman this Tuesday. What do you think?

10 Likes

Thats a real beauty @Al1885
It would be a hard decision but I think I would probably have to go with the Chapman

5 Likes

I like this Esquire :star_struck: lovely color

5 Likes

Me too! But is that the normal headstock?

3 Likes

it’s the 70’s Stratocaster headstock

3 Likes

Very interesting.

1 Like

at the time, Fender decided to enlarge the headstock so that the brand name would be written bigger and would be easier to read, especially on the TV

in the case of this Esquire, this seems to be a Telecaster Deluxe neck, which was in fact a Stratocaster neck on a Telecaster body with a Gibson-like electronic :

a “normal” Esquire is a Telecaster without the neck pickup (normal Telecaster headstock and normal Telecaster bridge pickup) :

… but now we say “Esquire” to speak about any single-pickup Tele

3 Likes

Neat. I didn’t know about the history, thanks!

1 Like

see the first prototype, before the Telecaster was produced and sold (under the name “Broadcaster” before it was changed for “Telecaster”) :

and the second prototype :

5 Likes

That second prototype has seen some use :rofl:

1 Like

@howard if you’re interested, Keith Williams channel five watt world has numerous ‘history of’ shorts. It covers all the stuff @terb mentioned. It’s an informative channel.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks!

1 Like

Mini GAS.

So the Behringer X-touch is just tons and tons of fun and coolness, however, the majority of the buttons on the right have labels that are generic and meaningless in most

DAWs. Each DAW uses them for different things. I watched an hour long video of a guy going through them all and taking notes. I was going to make a bunch of tiny labels like he did but figured I’d Google first, and sure enough, someone makes a template for each DAW brand…problem solved.

9 Likes

Templates rock. Pretty nice one too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Magnetic, stays put.

1 Like