GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Might have overdone it this time, but from where I am now this must be the top tool for mobile recording :rofl:

Zoom H8 Hand held recorder :

Sorry about the mess, it happens with every new arrival (or every time I get back from a rehearsal)

The idea was properly recording everyone in our jazz Quintet properly and start play learning the mixing business… Looking forward to the next time!

8 Likes

So yeah, Boss wireless (WL-50) into HX Stomp into Beat Buddy is awesome. I took one weeks holiday this year, so I don’t feel too guilty opening my wallet.
It’s a significant improvement on my Zoom, which was already great.

7 Likes

Let me know how long the Boss goes on a charge.

1 Like

The manual says 10 hours. I’ve played 4+ hours today and it’s still on green. I just plug it into the transmitter and it recharges. Pretty simple system.

4 Likes

10 hours! WOW>

Looks like the same plug in unit as on the Waza headphones (which makes sense).
On the Sennheiser I have a chargeable thing on both ends, so its whichever battery gives up first I guess. They died today at the end of my lesson, but not really sure how much I used them prior, will have to keep track a bit.

2 Likes

That makes sense to me. They already have a transmitter unit that works i.e the WL-50, so they reuse it for the Waza Headphones.

I play for a bit and when I take a break I unplug the unit from my bass, pop it into the transmitter unit on the desk and it charges. It’s a pretty slick system.

2 Likes

Yep. KeyLabs come with them for the DAW commands, pretty nice.

1 Like

So, anyone into the Geddy Lee Sansamp DIs can GAS to their heart’s content:

4 Likes

As said in another thread, I’m infected with MAD (Multi amplifier desease) and fell in love with an Orange. :wink: :tangerine: :sunglasses:
Nice Christmas gift for me, wondering how I explain the purchase to Mrs…

11 Likes

I’ve been given a $150 Amazon gift certificate and wondering how to properly gas with it. Oh the problem.

5 Likes

I’m saving my mo ney for a Waza-Air Bass :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, the horror. The pain! How will you ever cope?

4 Likes

Rule of thumb with gift card, buy things you want and not need or match the fund and buy the thing you really want, lol.

5 Likes

Yeah. I’ll be getting a small bonus in January, so if I go Boss Waza look for it then.

I’m thinking a wireless system or a practice amp for the guitar. Right now playing the Gretsch through my Rumble 100

3 Likes

You won’t be disappointed @athosmr2003 ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

LOL!!!

“Gee honey, I guess a friend sent it to me, I dunno”
LOL!!
GREAT little amp by the way.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea since she ain’t believing my words anyway when a new amp comes in :joy:
Let me try this one: @Doc_Ivory sponsored me a new amp cuz the old one lacks power and sound"

3 Likes

My wife would have a heart attack if she saw all the gear I have…8 basses, 1 mandolin, 1 resonator, a mixer, 2 guitar stands, 8 gig bags, and an audio interface

3 Likes

So where do you hide it all from her? :grinning:

1 Like

In my attic office. It used to be our bedroom but in the summer it gets really hot, so we moved the bedroom downstairs and I took over up there…it’s a huge room, big enough for my computer desk and a music area.

1 Like