GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

sweet mother of god I had no idea they thought that highly of their stuff

1 Like

There’s a black face amp version as well.
I paid dearly for their compressor and was not disappointed. Makes me wonder if it’s worth selling a couple pedals I have to get it.

2 Likes

Well here is a device I am waiting to get after the patent has been approved. The guitar player is the inventor Tom Scholz (Boston) and the bass player is Tracy Ferrie. Dropbox - Stage Lightning.MOV - Simplify your life

3 Likes

rack drawers are entirely too expensive.

that’s it. That’s the comment.

Edit Hello Thomann… those are much better prices…

2 Likes

Ok I just GAS this from GC. Got some decent discount from my advisor. Not exactly killing 2 birds with 1 stone on multi scale and 6 string but it would do. This should keep me busy for a while.

9 Likes

How many pounds of weed was that? I don’t know CA prices :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have one of those on my Sweetwater wishlist. I hope you get a “good” one. Sweetwater posts pics of their stock and at least half of them I would not buy if I saw them hanging on the wall in the store. The burl tops all look different, and at times it seems Ibanez has no fucks to give about whether the two halves of the top look good together. You can’t really see the seam on that one, but on many of the ones I have seen it looks godawfully painful and unattractive, especially on such an expensive instrument. Like, “clouds” that suddenly cut off, etc. I think I’ve posted examples in this very thread XD

I wish you the best of luck in the one you get :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know after I said no to the Offerup guy I looked up a pound of hash. It’s nearly 10k $40-$50 a gram. So that guy is probably using too much of his product, lol.

5 Likes

Hope so too. That or immediately relic that bass, lol.

1 Like

lol… seriously, I couldn’t not see the line between the halves on some of these basses. A lot of it probably has to do with the contrasting dark and light colors. Some others it was nearly impossible to see. Seems like a crapshoot.

I am very visual when I look at my instruments :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Is this the new one Gregor just reviewed?

2 Likes

I’m hoping I get a decent one. I’m all for great looking bass but at the same time some really distracted me. My BFR is a good example. It’s hard enough with unlined Fretless 5 string mind you. The stripes are really stunning. If I don’t play that bass few a few days I takes a few extra minutes to settle down, lol.

5 Likes

Kinda, he reviewed the 1005 series
with Ida Nielsen playing.

The last video of the Ibanez EHB they showed EHB1265ms. Which is the mid line between the 1000’s and 1500’s series. Just different pickups. I love that color I wish they offer that line in 6 string.

2 Likes

A friend of mine was asking for advice on a small modeling amp to practice guitar. I let him borrow my old Yamaha THR and gave him suggestions for others to look at.
A little later he asked if I’d ever ordered from Sweetwater. Yeah, they’re good etc.
Yesterday I get a phone call from Indiana. Who do i know in Indiana? Hello. Hey Barney it’s Chad from Sweetwater, your buddy just bought an amp from us and I wanted to thank you for the referral blah bla,h blah blah.
I mean it’s all sales stuff but that’s pretty sharp to find an order I made 2 years ago connect the dots and follow up.
They should just contract out running our medical system to these guys. They seem to be on the ball.

7 Likes

I mean, to be fair, they probably got your name from your friend and it was pretty easy at that point :eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah I know, but they still have to look it up. Pull my file, phone me etc. I doubt Guitar Centre is following this model.

5 Likes

They do, not as good of a job as SW but they do. My gear advisor from GC name Crystal, she’d call me 4-5 times when she’s slow or needs to meet sales quota and try so hard to sell me something, but the 2 times I called and left the message as well as email she’s never returned my call/emails.

I grabbed my current advisor by happenstance, I called to ask about availability and she went above and beyond for me with great style too aggressive discounting but no pressure. He’s never failed to answer my calls or email. The only reason for me staying with GC, they are kings of low price on new stuffs.

Same bass I asked my advisor from SW, he gave me $100 off.

3 Likes

I have a buddy in Montana who said about buying new gear “If you want service then call SW, if you want the best price call anywhere else!”

2 Likes

True that! If you are in SoCal Music City live/ Pitbull audio are very aggressive. My first encounter with them was crazy 20% off the short scale sterling bass and delivered the next day(by chance)

2 Likes

Just to wrap up this whole episode, I’ve decided to sell the MiM Dimension. It’s up on my Reverb store… if anyone here is interested, let me know. I’d much rather get it in another BassBuzzer’s hands.

3 Likes