GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

just a great jam at the beginning too.

2 Likes

a nifty little iphone/camera mount gadget I just got becuase i was frustrated with trying to frame myself and going back and forth to my phone to check the shot (and be able to use the good camera on the back of the phone). This also lets me see that my bluetooth ‘record’ button actually started recording. Expensive, but a great lazy man tool for recording.

5 Likes

For that price you can always sell it again if you don’t like it. I’m in Mexico and looking for that same bass and I can’t get a 2019 under $600. New $850.

3 Likes

I bought myself the best toy so far… I can’t believe the difference it makes. There may be newer models, better products but it can do two things really well: Dial in a great tone and save it. I have my favorite tone at hand and ready for my Fender Mustang with flats and a G&L L-2000 with rounds. (Every time I changed bass I had to make boring and endless adjustments. The two basses are the total opposite.) Give any of the sansamps a try… (This is not a paid promotion, haha)

8 Likes

BDDI sounds great, I loved their VT Bass DI too.

Also that’s my favorite bass chorus pedal as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes! SVT is my third setting on the SansAmp. And not that I had many pedals but I’m basically down to the Bass Clone which is my favorite. I’m a big fan of the different S. Gallup tones. A good Flanger would be nice…

3 Likes
1 Like

Feel free to lug our ‘off roading cab’ to all points in the wild.
We are the Range Rover Defender of bass cabs.
All you do is easily carry our rugged, lightweight bass cab to any destination in nature, grab the cord and plu…uh…um…oh crap…

2 Likes

I totally agree. I have a VT Bass DI on my board and I never turn it off.

4 Likes

You’re not helping my pedal GAS fellas :joy:
I’ve had a VT bass di on my watch list for a good few months now and just may do it!

3 Likes

I surely love it too.
But also love the new Origin Effects BassRig Black Panel that emulates the Bassmans of yore. I was going back and forth with these two tonight but the BassRig won out in the end. Pricey but amazing.

5 Likes

This thing is saving me from the poorhouse. Every time I look at something like that, I think that patch is probably pretty close for a hack like me :grin:

8 Likes

I have similar on the Nux amp @Barney

5 Likes

I’ve just priced up the Origins Effects pedal @John_E :scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

Okay I folded.
Sansamp Tech21 on its way

12 Likes

I think I need to stop looking on here.
Far too many “Oooo I wouldn’t mind one of those as well” moments!

5 Likes

If it only were “I wouldn’t mind one of those” moments. I get oooo ooooo I waaaaaaant moments because of these people. I tell ya!

6 Likes

Good for you. Please share your impression and thoughts when you get to use it.

5 Likes

Agree @Barney - I am looking at a lot of these high end pedals as investments as well.
I have been doing a ton of research on what pedals go nuts in value after a while, etc and doing a bit of bet hedging as well as getting cool effects. These higher end pedals are made in smaller quantities and sometimes get disco’ed quickly as well, making them even more valuable. It might not work out, but I still get to have fun and enjoy it in the meantime. My kind of gambling…harder to bring a roulette wheel home and play with it whilst spending money on it.

5 Likes

Oh in no way am I making a judgement call on any of this stuff. I’ve just bought a compressor pedal from Joyo to experiment with affecting the signal before it goes into the Helix.
High end pedals, amps and basses there’s far less depreciation than my truck! Somebody called it parking their money in pedals.

5 Likes