GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

100% that!
I tell my wife my music room is my bank.

6 Likes

I discovered this by accident just buying stuff I thought was cool. It’s so true. They keep coming out with new designs to stay fresh, but the older ones don’t obsolete. I’ve recovered my transaction cost or turned a profit on a bunch of stuff. The only regrets I have are the ones I didn’t buy. There will always be the Moogerfooger that got away.

Darkglass raised their entry level amp so much with added bells and whistles that my older and simpler one became the best chance for someone to own DG … even at more than I paid for it. Sold!

Roland had remade their classic synths into little mini hardware modules and called it Boutique limited runs. Too cute. Hands on. No software. Tiny. I’m pretty sure they were a better investment than gold. They went up enough to convince me I’d be fine having my D-50 in software.

Lesson learned: GAS go big gets it back.

7 Likes

Nice @Mac. I’m trying to decide between the BD and the VT.

2 Likes

On order, a Jack Casady Bass Case

Which apparently is the right size for a Schecter Corsair, for which Schecter doesn’t make a case. And the Epiphone cases are hard to find.

But I have one coming and now I can take it with me. I took the 3M pad to the back of the Corsair neck last night very lightly and it’s much smoother and can’t see anything by looking at it. I don’t play this bass near enough. It’s so effective to practice unplugged, I can easily hear what I’m doing right and wrong on the semi hollow without the amp. Perfect for practicing technique. I am really focused on improving my finger usage. I can’t stretch one finger per fret, but I can shift and use the appropriate finger in each fret.

Also started practicing White Rabbit in honor of Jack. That triplet is my next challenge.

5 Likes

Aw, hell yeah!

2 Likes

Did it again :joy: after finding a steal on an old p bass, I wanted a pj setup. This is what I wound up with. :point_down:

14 Likes

Nice looking Jaguar. Always liked Capri Orange.

I had a Player Jaguar and really liked her.

5 Likes

I ended up either even or with a slight profit when I liquidated by pedals. Buy smart and you can easily recoup them.

Behringer has cloned them as well now and the clones are also amazing :slight_smile:

D-50 is the only classic synth plugin I am missing that I want. I would even settle for a D-20. I almost bought one back in the day. Great synths.

I wouldn’t mind an Arturia version of the Korg M1. The Korg plugin is kind of klunky, but sounds good.

5 Likes

That’s what I got is the player. I’m loving it so far.

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
And I’ve just received a refund for the Sansamp. Apparently its out of stock

3 Likes

Fiddlesticks

2 Likes

Just picked up a used Roland Micro cube Bass RX. AC or Battery powered, built in effects, drum machine. Perfect for sitting on the porch.

8 Likes

Oh nice :+1: @Barney

Just ordered another Sansamp VT. Cost $70 more but hopefully I’ll get this one

6 Likes

Better choice IMO, like the normal SansAmp but with more drive and tone color.

5 Likes

Yeah I reckon it’s a bit of an upgrade from the other one too @howard .

3 Likes

I’m playing on a Roland amp too. Great stuff :+1:

2 Likes

@Mac I just pulled the trigger on a VT too. I was going back on forth between that and the bass driver version, and it seemed this had a bit more character. The only Sansamp I really didn’t like was the Geddy Lee version (YYZ).

3 Likes

I was considering the Geddy Lee one but couldn’t find a secondhand one anywhere so I opted for the other @AnotherJosh

1 Like

For now I play mostly finger, and I thought this vid really did a good comparison. They have a pic video too, I think you will like the VT with your Fender.

3 Likes

You’re becoming quite a Roland fanboi @Barney - congrats, this looks cool.

3 Likes