GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

No :slight_smile:

Rounds are fine, we’re just debating between the “cool and smooth irresistable chemistry” ones or the “crazy lover you can’t give up” ones.

3 Likes

:joy:

I’ve got a set of signature rounds I really must try at some point but I just can’t bring myself round to swapping out the flats on any of mine. They should go on the Rick but I’ve read a few articles saying that the older Rick prefer the flats due to the higher tension on rounds causing the bridges to lift!

2 Likes

I had bad, bad GAS this morning. It must have been the curry I ate last night.

I pulled the trigger on a Sterling by MusicMan Ray4 in satin blue. Wifey dearest will be killing me in short order.

8 Likes

well done :+1:

4 Likes

I have the short scale on my ‘short’ list. Don’t encourage me!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club., the exclusive one with the Satin blue finish.
I just gave mine an upgrade, see.
I always thought the black pickguard was too dark, and hid the blue, turning it black in many light situations. I think this one really helps to bring out the blue, especially in really brite lite, which I didn’t use just now.

7 Likes

That looks amazing, exactly how I imagined it would! Awesome.

5 Likes

That look sweet!

5 Likes

you already know I freaking love this :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

dooooo eeeeet

5 Likes

It really did turn out awesome.

4 Likes

that strap has to kill his shoulder though. :joy:

5 Likes

I’m telling ya, HB is just killing it lately. $200 bux :exploding_head:

4 Likes

That pretty much does kill it. It has an IcePower OEM power stage, the same as Darkglass or Aguilar or half the rest of the manufacturers. It won’t be worse.

7 Likes

Thanks

and thanks
I am pretty happy with it. I think the real diamond plate would look cooler, but at what cost, finger cuts all the time, I think it would not be the best thing to play and slap over. So, yeah, this is sick. If I could find anybody, or get somebody to make one like this, but in orange, or red, or any number of colors, that would be sick. I would probably put them on all my basses, LOL

4 Likes

Damn, Just saw I am getting $3500 tax return, I might have to get one of those, especially after reading what @DaveT said about it.

I hvae been wanting to get an Amp head for a while, and when I decided on the TC like Lester got, they were out of stock.
Then I found what would have been perfect, the Carvin BX500, which was an amazing (and light) SVT sounding amp, with tube pre-amp and lots of tonal range. $200,
I went in the hospital, and then it was gone.

I have been looking at this SWR 4004, to go along with my SWR stuff, and it is $150 from a church on offer up, and its been there so long, I bet I could get it for $100

But this here looks like maybe the reason all the other amps didnt work out for me.
And, Amps, I always get old used, vintage (GREAT) equipment in my SWR, but maybe it is time to get something NEW in Amps and see how it does with my little 4x10 cab.
But really sit under my Imac (like the Gallien Krueger Backline 250 does, but it is old and shorts sometimes and is not the best for recording) and plug into my DAI and record from it.

Hmmmm
I might just have to get this from HB and be the first transaction with Thomman in my time.

Didn’t appear to have an FX loop, but I don’t use it, and had planned to mess with it, but it doesn’t have one, still, looks awesome.
I will watch some reviews and get a chance to hear it / see it before I commit. LOL

3 Likes

I love the feature set on that little amp too. and although they get somewhat mixed reviews if you matched this with a HB bass cab you would have a great setup for the cost of a mid sized rumble.

4 Likes

well, I am not looking for a cab, I would use my SWR 4 x 10, but I bet it sound awesome with it

3 Likes

Sweetwater is so damn cool. This is why I buy most of my gear from them (and stopped buying from Guitar Center). This came a few hours after I ordered an Ibanez Artcore AFB200 Hollowbody Bass Guitar from them, with the message,

" it underwent a 55-point Inspection and professional-quality photo shoot".

These photos were attached to the email in a zip file:

Customer service rules in business, especially in a competitive arena such as musician’s gear. I commend Sweetwater.

11 Likes

That’s a very stylish looking bass @PamPurrs

5 Likes