GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 2)

And then when it arrives you open the box to find out you bought the Wong one.

…I’ll see myself out

9 Likes

It’s been a long time since I picked up a bass, even longer since I posted on here. Glad to see my self-diagnosis of GAS has encouraged others to be honest about their afflictions!

I suppose it’s a fair claim to fame having began the thread with the highest post count that was not started by @JoshFossgreen.

10 Likes

I’m there with you I just hope it’s not a Wong choice, :joy:…. I’m right behind you.

3 Likes

@mr.crispy, @Al1885 this is the Wong thread for puns. Shouldn’t they go in the Lounge somewhere?

4 Likes

Tim, are you trying to cory favor with the moderators? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I was expecting something like “that’s the Wong way to curry favor with the mods”. :smiley:

4 Likes

Points.

3 Likes

Two wongs don’t make it wight

5 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve been trying to make a play on Cory all afternoon! :laughing:

4 Likes

You musta been in the Wong place at the right time. :smirk:

2 Likes
1 Like

That Pedal is basically my only pedal GAS. The one additional detail I really like about it is that it has a Headphone out. I have a SansAmp and I can’t believe none of their preamps have one.

2 Likes

One of my fave tunes.

Loved Dr. John. Saw him at the New Orleans Jazz Festival a few times.

One show on the riverboat President, Austin’s-own The Fabulous Thunderbirds (Jimmy Vaughn’s band) were the headline act. They played a few tunes before Dr. John sauntered on stage and commandeered the piano. Also, a lady followed the good doctor and proceeded to sing backup. That was Bonnie Raitt!

Oh, and the opening act was John Lee Hooker.

That was one hell of a night.

6 Likes

When I get better and back to walking bass lines, my first song will be Boom Boom Boom. That song has taught me so much about playing bass (from listening to many live versions). That would have been a great show. I love John Lee if you can’t tell

6 Likes

I currently have a mild case of GAS for this bass:

I think the guy selling it is asking too much for it, but if he lowers his price, I might go for it.

10 Likes

I must be missing the reference?

2 Likes

“Cory favor,” i.e., “curry favor.”

2 Likes

Right, but… how does it tie into Wong? Or does it not and I’m being thick?

2 Likes

How about Cory Wong, for instance?

4 Likes