GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Bass first, amp last…
Well, cuz this may not be around if you wait. Hehehehe

1 Like

Those are cool, I considered one a while back. Curious what you think about it. It’s actually a single stomp version of the older generation B1on/B3 not the B1four/B3n. The B1four and B3n are much newer and faster, with better effects and better bypass. So don’t expect it to equal your other Zoom.

That said, $30 is a good price for it for sure. I used to own a B1on from the same generation and it was what got me hooked on Zoom, super fun.

4 Likes

I just read more about it, you can still chain up to 4 effects. I will add a review to the Zoom thread when I get it, It is shipping from Colorado.

Yes, $30 is awesome, they are $119 on Amazon with a couple cables. I think $109 alone.

It was another incident where I just saw one reviewed, decided I wanted one, and within 2 days, it showed up on Offer Up. It keeps working out like that for me, And I am not gonna question it, just gonna take advantage of it. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not this kind of guy :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, switch it around.
Perfect!!!

2 Likes

Somehow this DOES NOT surprise me @terb!! :rofl: :rofl:

However, when I purchased my first bass and amp set, I chose to go with an inexpensive bass and an expensive (over powered) amp… My reasoning… It would be easier to convince my wife that I needed a newer more upgraded bass,… but to try and convince her that I needed a larger more powerful amp… NO WAY…

Oh. and to get those better bass’s, all I needed to do was crank up that amp so that she could actually hear that in order for me to play better that I might need a better bass!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’ my friend!!
Lanny

6 Likes

Yeah @Lanny, I hate having to convince the wife I need another bass, another Amp, hell, another stand for the better bass.
I hate it so much, in fact.

I just got rid of the wife instead.

Heck, 8 Basses later, I am still SAVING a ton of money this way😂

Along with the constant convincing (I.e. Begging) I had to deal with the constant TELLING me what and why she needed this and that and these and those, aye aye aye aye aye!!!

Moral of the story.

Man + Woman =. Man and woman with 1.5 Basses, 1.25 Amps, and half a stand AND, 20 of this, 13 of that, 32 of these and 51 of those

Or

Man + Bass =. Man with a bass telling him she wants offspring, and more offspring, and offspring from the offspring, and like all good little spanking new Basses, they need something to soothe them, To pacify, so here comes the Amps, Mamma Amp, Pappa Amp, Junior Amp and so on and so forth.

You get where I am going with those?
Picking up what I am throwing down?

Full disclosure: Me splitting with the Wife had nothing to do with Basses, and was long before I got a bass and started playing this year. In fact it was just a little over a year before I did.

Story completely, 100% based on true events, with true results, just the timeline is a little off.

Plus we are not technically divorced, so it’s good for me to hide cash by buying Basses. She won’t want those in the divorce, she wont even know about them really. They will just be an asset on paper, easily overloooked.

4 Likes

Man. Up until this disclosure I was worried about you, man. I know you worded it like this on purpose but the first half I actually thought the basses and arguing about that was the reason for splitting and up. That would have been way over the top.

Good luck with the divorce. I hope it won’t be too messy.

I don’t wanna pry too much into your personal life and I get that you are mainly kidding but I still want to write it out: Basses are not a viable substitute for social contacts :wink:

5 Likes

I really think that’s good advice @JoshFossgreen and I could really think it’s written for me. I do love buying tech and gadgets, can’t help it, it’s the engineer in me. And I’ve enjoyed buying my first bass and a few bits of tech to go with it, which I’ve justified to myself as ‘initial startup’ purchases :grin:
But I am actively going to restrain myself from buying anything else now for quite a while (maybe except a good strap as I have a bad neck and left shoulder - long term injury).
My family have seen me try hobbies before, and for me to not enjoy them after a while. But I am loving learning the bass, and to my wife’s surprise she watched me play along to a bit of Deep Purple in one of the early lessons. So although that, and the fact that she sees me practice for 1-2 hours a day, has given me a little ‘pass’ with the boss lady that might allow me to buy more kit, I am not going to!

7 Likes

The new speakers arrived a day early

8 Likes

Congrats, @JerryP! I’d be interested to hear how you like them! Thx!

6 Likes

It was pointed out to me today that I have uttered the words, “This is the last thing I’m buying.” a half dozen times in the past month.

I promise, I’m swearing off acquiring any new…

Oh look, Sweetwater is having a sale.

10 Likes

Well at least @PamPurrs I have the comfort of knowing, when my will power buckles and I buy something new, I’m amongst good company :grin:

6 Likes

Fourth of July sales on the way!

5 Likes

I’m going to need therapy

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve been holding off for this very reason. I’m just not ready yet, but when I am I’ll have a little saved up for that awesome bass of my dreams.

8 Likes

Even my wife fuels my GAS!
Early Fathers Day Gift. Ibanez Mikro GSRM20.
This is bass #6!

13 Likes

That’s a beauty @mmrunyan1. Happy Father’s Day!

3 Likes

Love that red.

3 Likes

Yup! I had been wanting a short scale for a while.
The wife and I went on a little afternoon romp from shop to shop.
She saw this and goes “Is that a bass"? I told her it was and that it is the one I had showed her on line a while back. Her response… "It is beautiful! You should get it. Happy Father’s Day!”
There was no hesitation on my part!

6 Likes