GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Ordered one of these after hoping to get a better practice setup for headphone playing. It’s got a ton of effects but mostly I am hoping to use it for more traditional sounds and a clean line to my ears when quietly practicing. Of course I’ll play around with the buttons! Who wouldn’t?! It should deliver tomorrow.

11 Likes

everybody here has had one. now you do to :+1:

7 Likes

I still have mine! :blush:

5 Likes

Me, too. It’s the only pedal I need.

3 Likes

Glad to be a member of the team! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

millions of info/advice here:

6 Likes

Great unit. It will give you hours and hours of playtime shaping your sound. I have the forerunner to it (B1 I think) and a Boss GT-1B. I can shape just about any sound I want from those units.

5 Likes

I take mine everywhere I go. Great little unit.

4 Likes

I like the rhythm part of the Zoom. Different drum patterns and tempo’s. One thing my Boss does not have.

4 Likes

Me too

3 Likes

Time to bang on things…
Thanks to some nice Father’s Day gift cards.

This should make my head spin for a bit.

15 Likes

Oooh, just in from Japan. One used (thanks Ebay) mint Roland Bass micro cube. Built in amp models, effects and drums. A/C or battery. The sunny deck awaits!
But man, that rug………

10 Likes

Nice! That will do fine. I love the large pads.

4 Likes

Very nice! First impressions??

Here is your first cover assignment:

3 Likes

For what I’m looking to do (which include not covering that, lol), it’s fantastic.
I want to record some industrial sounds and use them as a kit and make some very simple backing drums for bass and baritone. It will do this very well.
Importing and editing a recording looks straightforward enough to assign to a kit then a pad but haven’t got that deep yet.
I just banged on it through all the default kits (30) to see what it could do.
It comes with around 17 bazillion sounds to build kits with, which makes me want to ignore them all cause there are so many.
It has approximately 5,437 buttons and functions I will never use.

It’s cheaper than the Roland and has more memory and some other features I don’t care about. I think the only advantages the Roland has is you can like up like 5 units and there is a PC software configurator.

Alesia gives you some software (not by them) to build beats etc that I haven’t tried yet.

Response is great. It’s a crap load of fun!!

6 Likes

Neat, sounds like a great piece of hardware!

Did you get a stand with it? Any foot pedals?

I assume it can trigger any MIDI events in a DAW and record directly into a DAW?

4 Likes

I got the clamp assembly and put it on a black music stand base I had spare. I wanted a black stand and they don’t make them.

Pretty sure it can, so far not what I’m interested in though.

4 Likes

This is definitely how I would use it.

I actually probably would just ignore them all, buy an easy to use drum VSTi, and use it like a MIDI controller :slight_smile:

Something like Steven Slate Drums 5, or XLN Addictive Drums 2.

You could also use it with Ableton’s builtin to trigger drum samples; a whole lot of people do this. @wellbi can probably help.

3 Likes

Quick selfie with the last purchase - and the nerdiest t-shirt I’ve got :sunglasses:
It took quite a few months to be delivered to the local store where I ordered it, but finally it’s here

Next in line is a Zoom B1(X?) four and/or a very portable combo.
The first one is like a rite of passage around here, it cannot be a bad idea.
Anybody here selling a Jones double four to fund new GAS attacks? :smile:

13 Likes

Nice one, what bass is it? I’m guessing Ibanez?

4 Likes