GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

yeah, same for me, but it’s very personnal

2 Likes

ApolOgies for the presence of an NBO (non-bass object) but to the point of the best of both worlds… tele body and pickups. Arm beveled and belly cut with a strat neck. Because spare parts!

5 Likes

I once read someone saying that the Bongo body looks like a toilet seat with horns.
And now I cannot not see it :upside_down_face:
I was never a fan of their look but that definitely didn’t make it any better. To each his/her own though!

4 Likes

Then again, Stingrays look pretty flushable too :rofl:

Just a MM thing I guess.

6 Likes

We’ve had this discussion before. Here is the real pee bass.

1 Like

Nice guitar! I love the look of that pickguard!

There’s a thread for us six string rebels :wink:

2 Likes

Was actually reading that thread yesterday! But since the discussion and strat vs tele comparison was here I shared here. Don’t worry! I have plenty of guitar pics to bombard that thread with later!

3 Likes

Yes no worries! I was extending an invitation to the guitar thread in case you had not seen it. Looking forward to your guitar pictures!

1 Like

that’s pretty.

I hear the attack a coming,
Coming round the bend,
I ain’t had a new bass,
Since I don’t know when,
Between the baby and the mortgage,
My accounts are dry,
I see a new Bongo,
I hang my head and cry

8 Likes

cash

13 Likes

I have 3 of them, and my wife hates them all. I told her she was free to replace them any time she wished. It’s actually the pickguard that drives her crazy, she’s not a big fan of the egg shape.

5 Likes

I saw Johnny once in Boston the day after AC/DC played. We wore our concert shirts and there were a lot of them in the audience.

4 Likes

My wife doesn’t mind the ones I have but she definitely doesn’t get the Bongo. She actually prefers the all black one if one ever came home. I’d at least have to change all the hardware screws and pickguard. I couldn’t leave it all black.

5 Likes

I offered this Thparkly thang as an alternative option. Doesn’t hurt that’s it’s a bit cheaper too. She liked it more, but not enough to say “Go get it!”

11 Likes

I am so in love with t-birds but the edition I like is like 1000+ euros and lets be real I am not a professional so I don’t think I should spend that much.
I have a yamaha RBX170 deluxe for all my needs but I am looking to get this one for my more snappy/gothic rock/rammstein stuff.
Has anyone got this to give me some feedback?
I have bought a Precision from Thomann and the action was higher than Lana del Rey at the beach. So I am kinda cautious but it’s soooo cheap and beautiful

4 Likes

Me too but as you’ve correctly stated they’re just a bit too pricey for me at the moment.
If you’re P bass needs setting up there are a couple of threads on here that will help you to get it done

4 Likes

Ya my p-bass is too old I am not even sure if it can be of use other than something cool hanging off the wall :frowning: I was really bad with its maintenance lol

4 Likes

I say Sting Ray!! At whatever budget works. Cheap ones respond well to mods if you still need more than they come off the shelf with. @T_dub gutted mine and changed the pickup and preamp for me. Did a few aesthetic things as well. I’m under 600 into it and it plays as well and sounds as good as basses I have that cost significantly more.

9 Likes

from my reverb feed today :rofl:

14 Likes