GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Aaaaargh!!! Me tooooooooo!!!

7 Likes

I bought the red C-5 GT.

6 Likes

They also have the Aguilar Octamizer on sale for $99!

6 Likes

Very funny.

4 Likes

Finally had a chance to sit down and order one. Still waffling over the Octamizer. Hard to pass up but I had to make the call for the TLC. We’ll see. I may still give into the weekness.

5 Likes

I feel like you are a an Aguilar rep @eric.kiser, and I just got taken for $198!!

6 Likes

Ditto! He just cost me $220 not to mention that now I gotta go figure out what the heck is compressor and octaver. Lol.

7 Likes

Mu ha ha haaaa! My work is complete!

Actually, this turned out really cool. Now we can share settings and help each other learn to use it.

I managed to hold back on the Octamizer. If any of y’all get it and it’s not your thing, let me know and I’ll take it off your hands.

4 Likes

You guys made me look and see what else they had on sale.
I have been eyeing the Red Panda Tensor forever, but, I showed some control and didn’t order it (mostly cause I have enough pedals that are smarter than me still)…for now. Might be a good santa list present.

4 Likes

I have a cheap compressor pedal and looking for and octave pedal. Of course I could always use the GT-1B multi effect. Now I can properly do SledgeHammer.

3 Likes

All Aguilar pedals are top notch imo. The octaver is great too. You folks got a really good deal from Sweetwater :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Someone save me. The Squier 50s P bass is on sale for like 360, could get into my tele bass. Add a Fralin split coil.

Oh no, it’s calling Wombat, Oh Wombat…

4 Likes

I think you should treat yourself.
You simply don’t need the stress of decisions

6 Likes

You mean this? Yeah that’s a nice deal / bass.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PBassCV502SB--squier-classic-vibe-50s-precision-bass-2-color-sunburst?serial=ISSD21007389

4 Likes

@Wombat-metal - you did see that if you call in you get another 10% off right?

3 Likes

You’re not helping mate. That would make it 330ish

Lindy Fralin Overwound 5% Hybrid Stagger or Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Stacked 50s pickup (the one Dusty used)

Well thankfully it’s after hours and I don’t have to decide tonight

5 Likes

Hahaha!! No one here’s gonna talk you out of it

4 Likes

I’m naturally drawn toward the natural blonde but the burst looks nice too. I’ll be getting one too then, so pretty much it’s $362 out of the door, instead of $500. not bad. I already have the jazz this would complete the set, lol.

I like your idea of Fralin, Imma steal it.

Seriously, what color. If I go with the burst I’m gonna age it.

3 Likes

I was thinking blond. Not a burst kind of guy

3 Likes

Just cause of weight I would go with the blonde. Does that sound sexist?

5 Likes