Gear It Forward

I would love to try out a set of those Regular Slinky strings.

I would like to give them a shot.

2 Likes

Cool.

PM me your address

3 Likes

Done!

1 Like

@PamPurrs, Iā€™m interested in your Donner compression pedal, if you still have it and shipping isnā€™t too much. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s yours. PM your address and Iā€™ll see how much shipping is.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll cover shipping. Youā€™re close.

4 Likes

@John_E Thanks for the new strings! Got them in the mail yesterday. Iā€™m really looking forward to trying them out.

What made you decide to get rid of all the EB strings?

4 Likes

They just werenā€™t for me. And once I tried the rotosound strings I decided thatā€™s where I should be.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve become a RotoSound fan myself. I have some EB flats that I tried, but didnā€™t much care for.

2 Likes

@eric.kiser Iā€™d really like to hear your assessment of them once youā€™ve tried them.

2 Likes

Speak of the devil ā€“ I am going to be putting a new set of these on my Ibanez sometime this week. This is about to become an EB string thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the strings John, I pulled them from the mail right before I went off to the Nut House last Thursday. Just got home tonight, and am slapping them on my Squire P bass.

I have a set of those too. Same result.

2 Likes

@John_E thanks for the strings! They landed on my Ibanez SR300. Theyā€™re a bit heavier than I normally play, but theyā€™re really mellow which works well on the SR300 which is normally crazy bright and crisp.

@PamPurrs thanks for the pedal! Itā€™s sitting right next to my amp while I await a power supply for it. Iā€™ll let you know how it works out once Iā€™m all setup.

Sorry for the slow replies and confirmation of receipt, both of you.

4 Likes

Not quite gear, but relevant to a lot of us:

I just finished Guitar Zero in which a cognitive psychologist takes up guitar (and some bass) at 40 and delves into the neuroscience of learning an instrument as an adult.
Iā€™m happy to pass it along to anyone who wants to read it. I got the copy used for $5, so there is a bunch of underlining and illegible notes from the previous owner, but nothing too distracting.

3 Likes

@LeftyChad Iā€™d be interested in giving it a read, if you found it insightfulā€¦

4 Likes

Sure thing! PM me a mailing address and Iā€™ll get it out to you. Itā€™s an interesting read. Not life altering by any stretch of the imagination, but worth the couple of days to read it.

4 Likes

This is one of the reasons I decided to study music theory. I have known from another Phdā€™s lectures about how you can rewire the brain, something that is cognitively done at an early age, but as an adult there are ways to rewire your brain, and one is to learn a new language. since I was playing bass for therapeutic reasons, I figured, music theory to rewire the brain would be beneficial as well. Not only is music a language, but it is mathematical as well, so it is dual purpose, but yeah, for sure, I know there are many benefits it can and does have on the adult brain.
I did not know about this book, it looks interesting.

4 Likes

I have a Tech 21 Bass Compactor pedal free to anyone that wants it. I have not hooked it up to anything but was assured by the guy I got it from that it worked. Let me know if you want it.

2 Likes

I would love to try that pedal and when Iā€™m done Iā€™ll pass it on again.

1 Like