Gear It Forward

We have mentioned in a few threads now folks wanting to give away or send for shipping coverage, etc to other folks in the community. Thought a dedicated thread might be easier than trying to hunt down things over time.

Let’s keep it simple. If you want to give away something, post it. If it goes, simply edit the original post with a “GONE” in front.

Please indicate if you will ship for free or if you want the costs covered and where you will ship, etc.

Gear It Forward

9 Likes

GONE - BOTH SETS I have two sets of Thomastik Flatwounds that went on a bass and came off very quickly. I don’t like the thinner vibe of them, so, whomever wants them can have them. I will pay to ship in CONUS, cost of shipping elsewhere.

Not in orginal packaging, played very very little (one set less than a day, came on a bass, shop had just changed them.

Happy to have someone else give them a try vs. them sitting in my bin of string mistakes.

These are what they are…

5 Likes

Dean Markey Rocco Prestia Strings

Not in orginal packaging, played very very little (one day).
I figured I would give them a try on my Rocco bass but did not dig the feel of them and moved to MJC Ironworks instead.

Happy to have someone else give them a try vs. them sitting in my bin of string mistakes.

These are what they are…

4 Likes

I’ll take those Thomastik strings!

EDIT: Cancel that, I thought they were flats…

2 Likes

@PamPurrs They are flats.
PM me your address and I will send one of the sets out to you.

4 Likes

sent

3 Likes

@John_E
I would be happy to ship the Thomastik flats off your hands. I’m in the People’s Glorious Republic of Canadastan.

3 Likes

PM me your address @MC-Canadastan and I will sort out shipping.

4 Likes

Okay, it’s my turn. I was the recipient of a set of strings from @John_E, and now I wish to give away this compressor pedal. All you have to do is pay the shipping to your address.
Here it is on Reverb. I will pull it from Reverb the moment someone here claims it (unless it sells first).
Donner Ultimate Comp | Bad Ass Bass Gal | Reverb

5 Likes

I have an MXR Dyna Comp that needs a new home. Free plus cost of shipping to any BassBuzzer who wants it.
DynaComp Reverb listing
ETA: shipping is about $7-10 in the continental US, as I recall. We’ll figure it out for international.
ETA: note the excellent product photography and sensitive, boudoir-style lighting. Yeah, I’m that good :blush:

5 Likes

@LeftyChad , How about me? Am I a good candidate foster parent?

3 Likes

As long as shipping doesn’t cost as much as a new one to smuggle across our borders. :wink:
Other then that, you were the first to respond, so at least you are the first candidate.
I don’t want it BTW, just calling plays from the clubhouse, and I am not the official voice over this or any transactions, just to clear that up in advance.

1 Like

MXR Dyna Comp rocks!

1 Like

The majority of compressors on the market are straight up clones of that thing.

2 Likes

Yeah I got the mini version. On launch it had some clipping issues that could easily be fixed with a better cable but that’s all in the past now.

2 Likes

I still have this one if anyone wants it. Not the top of the line, but it works just fine.

2 Likes

Sure thing! Let’s figure out how to get it to you without breaking the bank or any international treaties :grin:

3 Likes

Two sets EB Slinky - GONE
One set EB Hybrid Slinky - GONE

Free to good home CONUS
Price of shipping to others.

One per customer unless no other takers.

4 Likes

Would Love a set of regulars if no takers, I can finally string up my Dean ML MetalMan bass, which will be the perfect bass to use for my Pantera cover.

If there are other takers, then let them have them. My Dean can wait.

1 Like

One regular gone to @T_dub
Pm me your address

1 Like