Gear It Forward

Yeah, y’all may (or more likely, may not) be aware of a program called Brainjo (as in :brain: + :banjo:) put out by this neurologist dude who learned banjo as an adult and talks a lot about how the brain learns and applies that to his teaching methods.

I’ve definitely felt that learning banjo a few years ago and now learning bass has helped me in various ways — like, understanding music better, how instruments interact in various ensembles, etc.

2 Likes

Wow, how cool.
Something I would love to do strictly for neurological purposes, with the added benefit of learning a new instrument.

Unfortunately I won’t have time to do it
Maybe some day, a few years away.

Thanks for the info, and corroboration of my points

2 Likes

For anyone who has a midi keyboard and can use a sustain pedal (@MikeC ?). I sold my Hammer88 and no longer need this. It’s yours if you’ll pay the shipping.

2 Likes

Damn! Sorry, Pam. I bought the M-Audio sustain pedal a few days ago.

On the bright side, Amazon had it on sale for only $19.00.

I thought your were keeping your Hammer 88.

2 Likes

I changed my mind, as I often do :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Any drummers among us?

I bought a Donner drum stool to sit on when I’m practicing or playing, my normal chair was getting in the way because of the arm rests. It came with a set of Donner drumsticks:

DonnerDrumsticks

I’m not a drummer, so… free to a good home.

4 Likes

Or……do you ever get take out?

IMG_4412

6 Likes

I own a few drum stick size chopsticks for frying but none are that thick. That’s @John_E and @JerryP territory, lol.

3 Likes

As my grandfather used to say… big hands, big feet … you know the rest.

5 Likes

Big :heart:

4 Likes

Big shoes?

4 Likes

I ordered a discount refurb Beat Buddy Mini 2 and they sent me a version 1 by mistake. They were very cool and immediately sent the Mini 2 replacement, but don’t want the first one back. If anybody wants to check out the original Beat Buddy Mini, it’s yours for shipping.

6 Likes

Very cool, Dave. :+1:

2 Likes

If no one else wants a beat buddy mini. I’ll take it

3 Likes

Good man @DaveT happy they took care of you. I absolutely love my Beat Buddy.

3 Likes

PM me the address and I’ll send it along.

4 Likes

I have a pair of active 5-string pickups (plus dummy coils) pulled from a mid-90s Ibanez bass. They work fine, but I wanted to go passive so I installed new Dimarzios. Don’t know if these are of any use to anyone, but I thought I’d ask before just junking them.

4 Likes