General Forum Questions

Yes, they are with Bassbot and I did both the tutorials too, @eric.kiser . . :slight_smile:

I had both badges, but they disappeared . . . maybe they’ve just been phased out.

All best, Joe

2 Likes

@Jazzbass19 Thanks Joe!

I had a little extra time and was going to finish any tutorials I hadn’t done yet. I guess I’m good to go.

2 Likes

I just went through and changed the badges recently, deleted some boring ones and made them all more fun and BassBuzzy (some of them were defaults from the forum platform), so that one may have gotten the axe. :crossed_swords: :funeral_urn: :ghost:

1 Like

Hi Josh!
Is there any way to see how many consecutive days a user has been on the forum?

1 Like

I think you just click on your profile file and look at Summary. Mine shows how many days I’ve been on the forum.

2 Likes

Hey Mike!

There’s a badge called Funky Forum Junkie (you have it) awarded for visiting the forum 365 days consecutively. I’ve been trying to get it for years but I seem to miss a day before I get there, because I still haven’t gotten it.

It has a few different metrics but not one to help me see how close I’m getting to that consecutive 365 mark.

2 Likes

Man, that’s a shame.

But junkie-ness be damned. @JoshFossgreen should award you a special “Eric the Great” badge for all your contributions to the forum!

4 Likes

I’ll second that, @JoshFossgreen :smile:

4 Likes

I do have one! Josh gave me a badge called Eric Organizes Things for all my work on the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide. I thought it was hilariously to the point! :rofl:

5 Likes

Yep, I knew about that one. But the “Eric the Great” badge would honor all the kind words and positive vibes you’ve shared with so many, in so many instances. My request to @JoshFossgreen stands. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you Mike and Joerg. That’s very kind of you guys to say. I do like helping out as much as I can.

4 Likes

Hey all! @eric.kiser , annoyingly here’s what I found:

• There’s no way to check your current progress on that badge, even admins (me) can’t see that info, it’s buried somewhere deep beyond the UI.
  • I can’t manually award it to you cuz it’s not a custom badge, otherwise I would!

But in better news, Eric’s forum title has been changed to “The Great”. Eric, you like how that reads? I can further modify as needed. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yessssssss!!!

Way to go, @JoshFossgreen! Now THIS is the way to ring in a new year! Woohoo! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I… um… wow. I don’t know what to say to that. Thank you!

I try to be humble and focus on patience, forgiveness, and kindness. I never saw that as leading to a moniker of The Great. You are all too kind.

6 Likes

'Nuff said. This is why. :clap:

4 Likes

This really isn’t the kind of badge a “normal” person wants :joy:

4 Likes

And Eric is anything but normal. That’s why we’re lucky to have him in the fold. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Josh.

“The Great” feels a bit ostentatious. As the progenitor of this whole program, I think you are the only one that can honestly wear that hat. I wouldn’t be here and doing any of this if it weren’t for you.

Would “Contributor” be okay?

1 Like

Is there benefit in having categories for ‘Post Your Covers’ and 'Post Your Practice Fragments ’ ?
This might highlight our feedback opportunities when combined with the existing categories of ‘50 Songs Challenge’ and ‘User Video Index’.

1 Like

Hi @EverC !

This has come up a few times. Mostly, it comes down to different people who created the different topics being able to manage them and their original intended purpose.

For instance, as the “Post Your Covers” topic grew, people were concerned it had become intimidating for new players to post there. So the the “Practice Fragment” topic was created to help ease new people into being comfortable with posting videos.