Gio's Funk Album!

Yeah, I knew you had something, always room for more

6 Likes

Yā€™all are the best!
Thanks @T_dub, @Krescht, @joeike, and @rory!

And if anyone is interested:
Hereā€™s 3 new tunes from the band, and us playing them.
Also - you can hear some of that bass-into-Tube-Screamer sound (that I love so well) in the choruses of "Across The Universe (song 3).
This was the video we made for the virtual festival at the beginning of the month.

Intro for the festival stuff ends / Music starts at about 1:20

1.) Making Friends (because they have video games)
2.) Kendrick The Spy
3.) Across The Universe

17 Likes

I love the pipe :rofl:

9 Likes

That was a great intro. But now Iā€™m thinking, I wonder if theyā€™d let me play barefoot at church? :thinking:

8 Likes

Hey @Gio,
Loved the performance, I also watched the other bands 26 minute performance.
PS: I noticed your water bottle sitting on top of youā€™re amp, that could be an issue out in the elements?
Again thanks for sharing with everyone on the forum, itā€™s inspirational to everybody to see magic happen, you have a great band.
Best wishes Brian.

6 Likes

SO happy to learn about Gio and the Bronze Medal Hopefuls. They are in my part of Northern California in Petaluma (I am in Santa Rosa) and look forward to hearing them live. Until then, I will be playing their music digitally. Aloha and congrats to @Gio.

Thanks for the announcement Josh.

9 Likes

I lolā€™ed so hard at this song concept. Really hit home.

9 Likes

Thanks for the good word, neighbor! Stay safe out there!! Good grief.
I hope you and your people are safe through all this fire and flame.

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™ve been spending way too much pandemic time in games and not playing bass :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been totally the other way lol
My eldest daughter ā€œborrowedā€ my Xbox ages ago and I just canā€™t be bothered setting my PlayStation up atm. Much easier dragging the bass out

Had few spare bucks left over from my birthday @Gio so Iā€™ve got a copy. Good stuff :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mac! I appreciate the birthday bucks!

5 Likes

No worries :+1:

4 Likes

We are good neighbor, thank you. Much needed help from mother nature and neighbor state firefighting agencies is continuing to work in our favor. Great thanks to all who are helping in all ways.

6 Likes

@Gio love that piece and video!! Very cool graphics!

3 Likes

Sounds great! Congratulations @Gio!

3 Likes

Yes!!! Thanks a ton - so glad you dig it!

Hooray! Glad youā€™re into the jams!

All you BassBuzzersā€¦ thanks for the huge support. We released this album in March, but just sat on it because it was simultaneous with COVID outbreak in our neck of the woods (Northern California, USA). This is the warm, lovely reception I always wanted it to have!

Big bassy hugs to all of yā€™allz.

8 Likes

Terrific tracks, Gio! Love the grooves and great tone.

5 Likes

Thanks @Neil_L!!

4 Likes

I wanted to bump this to make sure everybody gets to see it.
I really like Rocco Goes To The North Pole.

@Gio Your part of PMF is an exceptional live recording. The clarity and separation between the instruments was really well done. Iā€™ve heard plenty of big name, big money bands that either didnā€™t or couldnā€™t get a live sound like this. Well done Sir.

7 Likes

Good call @eric.kiser. Not only is the bass killer of this piece epic, but also the mad graphic skills hereā€¦ For real. And it reminded me to give back to art.

4 Likes