Gio's Funk Album!

Yessss!! Thanks a ton, @eric.kiser. Rocco is near and dear to my heart. And, that’s when I get to turn on ALL my pedals and play as long and loud as I want. My dream come true.
And real stoked you like the live sound! We have friends who have converted their live-venue-sound business into a mobile video-audio recording unit. They are KILLER!!

And thanks heaps, @smurillo! Very much appreciated - the kind words and the art giving! I feel the same way with my favorite bands, or the bands of my buddies.

As always, dearest BassBuzz, you leave me thankful to be a part of your community!

7 Likes

What a brilliant adaptation to the current situation! Good for them.

2 Likes

I wonder :thinking:

:wink:

3 Likes

@Gio I love that funk man. I will pick it up where can I buy it?

3 Likes

Hi @LesterH,
You can go to band amp and buy it, I already have a copy.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Bandcamp

4 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian. It was good talking to you yesterday

3 Likes

Amazing work @Gio. I love your presence in front of the camera!

5 Likes

Ha!
Thanks!
Can you tell I love it?
I love it.
Put me behind a bass with some buddies, and I am in my ZONE!!

8 Likes

Bumping this thread again cuz I’m on like my 15th listen to this fun lil 15 minute EP! Can’t get enough of some of those unison riffs, and that awesome spacey delay guitar on Riding to Durham.

11 Likes

No doubt some good tunes to have on in the background, whether I’m doing computer stuff, or just cleaning my place, been rotating this EP a lot lately.

6 Likes

@JoshFossgreen - 1 listen per minute!! I’m very stoked to hear that. Thanks, buddy!!

@Vik - thanks for the rotation!

I want to release the 3 songs we did live as well. Maybe some fine day. This thread is going to be my little ego massage parlor.
If I ever need a little boost, I’m-a-just gunna log in here and read through it.

Thanks for all the support, BazzBuzzians.

9 Likes

Oooo, an ego massage parlor - I want one of those!

7 Likes

I’m with @eric.kiser, Rocco is my fav. I like them all but that’s just got some nasty funk on it that just gets you in the groove.

6 Likes

Please do!! It is what the world needs right now!

6 Likes

@Gio. You backgrounds remind me of Bill Watterson. (Calvin and Hobbes). So artistic. Not sure why but I get a kick at the monsters in the lake looking at the “camera” after the spaceship flyby. Anyways. Not only enjoy the song but the animation art!! So good!!

5 Likes

Thanks @smurillo! Yes - guilty and happily guilty to be a huge lover of Bill Watterson. His Spaceman Spiff art - the backgrounds - the space-scapes imprinted deep into my brain!!

4 Likes

Killer playing! Good stuff @Gio. I am in California East Bay area, practice is in Pleasanton. The whole writing to studio recording process is crazy, but super enjoyable. Crazy that was all in one take! Guys nailed it, and I know how hard that is to do!

4 Likes

Thanks, @kerushlow!
I love that live-take pressure… and I hate it.
But I love not having the options at the end. Too much editing, and I never get anything done!

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. We did basically a live take and then punch in our parts to those takes. Then punch in any parts from individual takes that we wanted to improve. I think a live album would be cool though, but damn the tape REALLY puts the pressure on.

2 Likes