Good deals on basses / gear

Not sure if a thread like this exists, but thought it might be good to share some good deals that we find on gear that we might not necessarily be into, but others might.

1 Like

Pretty good price for an HH Special - $1499

1 Like

This is a great deal!

2 Likes

The do fit more than 7 that it was sold for, lol. I could fit 11.

2 Likes

Of course yours go to 11, lol.
I can only get 10 in each of mine.

2 Likes

I saw the special this morning and went and got it. Not sure where to fit it. Problems.

Also ordered strings for me b206 while at it

No other decisions made

2 Likes

What strings did you pick?

1 Like

Ugh. Six strings

Well I have the b204 fretless in mind, and thought what would flats sound on a similar bass. So I looked at flats for 6 strings. All they had were LaBella’s, .026, .035, .044, .056, .075, .095. Good grief no.

And Thomastik Infeld, which are a perfectly reasonable .033 .043 .056 .070 .100 .136 but $148

Considered NYXLs, but went with DR Black Beauties. Give tapewound a try, really haven’t tried that since I became a semi competent novice player

1 Like

I left the D’Addario XLs on it it came with (stock) as they sound good. I have the Labella flats but the mood hasn’t struck me to try them yet.

2 Likes

If I don’t like them, then D’Addario’s for sure

1 Like

Hey, for any Ibanez fans out there, or anyone looking for a good upgrade to their first bass (or second, or third, or fourth), I found this the other day:

I’m not selling it nor do I know the seller. I just know that if I had ANY bass budget left for the next 80 million years, I’d pick it up in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

This is less than half price . . .

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DoubleShot--ashdown-pro-fx-double-shot-abm-bass-overdrive-pedal

2 Likes

Refurbished beat buddies on sale from the manufacturer with a warranty. Good price.

4 Likes

Dang that’s a fantastic price.

2 Likes

Thank you !!! They will take another 10% off for giving them your info for the first time.

2 Likes

Both @John_E and I have one. It’s a quality piece of gear.

3 Likes

I’m excited about it. Something else to not have to mess with my phone about.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, @Barney. Mine is on the way.

$118.39, tax and shipping included.

3 Likes

I use it all the time for sax practice, much more feel than a metronome.
I got mine used but basically new for $199, so $119 is a steal and a half.
I did end up buying all the jazz packs for the thing and use them a lot.
I pump it through my Phil Jones cab and it sounds amazing.

2 Likes

I think I’ll run it into the octacapture so it hits the Neumann monitors. Then I can have it for keys too.

1 Like