Good deals on basses / gear

I’ve got a way for it to end up in the Octo as well, lol.
So the beat buddy goes into a Boss LS-2.
The other channel is my drum pad, or keyboard and they all then can go to Phil Jones and//or Octo.

2 Likes

Which one did you end up with? They sold me the Mini 2, but sent a Mini, not a 2.

2 Likes

Is that better or worse?

They sent me a Mini 2, @DaveT.

You ought to give them a polite (at first) call and demand they send you a 2.

2 Likes

Here’s a video detailing the improvements of the BeatBuddy Mini 2 versus the original Mini.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty significant. I would return it without a second thought.

2 Likes

They asked for a picture of what they sent and immediately apologized and sent out a version 2.

5 Likes

Great news! Way to go, Dave.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is always available, but just ran across Sweetwater Demo deals. I think it’s timed to coincide with or compete with Amazon Prime Days. I think the Sire’s especially look to be priced well.

https://www.sweetwater.com/shop/demo-savings-deals/?Category=569#productGridCol

3 Likes

I saw the U5 over the weekend, and thought should I cancel the mustang? The U5 looks to be a better bass, Lobster loved and and so you know you can bank it.

Never easy lol.

2 Likes

The Sire U5 is a great bass. Its build and finish quality is top-notch, and it plays super-easy.

1 Like

It’s no accident that low end lobster’s initials are….LOL

Pretty sure I don’t get it. :thinking:

If ya squint enough, a lower case e might look like an o…

I’m laughing at myself here… because I don’t get it either. I just look at that guy and think “L O L”. Some of his reviews are just plain bs.

Lobster has been cussed and discussed here many times. Almost everyone has a personal take.

Mine’s always been: he’s harmless; a good-hearted goofball and decent player. He states that his opinions are strictly his, and everyone is free to ignore them.

I don’t agree with him all the time, but I like that he presents examples of how a wide variety of different basses sound.

His beard is history, but his signature pj pants remain. The Lobster abides.

5 Likes

I think my comment on Lobster were equal parts trolling and sarcasm. He’s a good guy, and my personal interactions with him have been positive, but people take him more seriously than he takes himself.

I like him for his tones.

4 Likes

Yes. I think that’s one of my favorite things about him. He’s so not taking himself seriously. But he does such a great job of giving a consistent tone profile of each bass all while enjoying what he’s doing.

When it comes to anyone on youtube, I’m constantly trying to remind people:
His (or her) real job is being a “youtube reviewer”–which is a bunch of video editing, lots and lots and lots of analytics and thumbnails and keeping the links to products up and relevant, not to mention the nightmares of not getting shipments or having non-disclosure agreements to work around, or product release dates you can’t breach… Notice that that last sentence is run-on? That’s how it feels to be a youtuber.

3 Likes

:rofl:

He caused -me- a bit of a problem as a complete beginner.

Obviously he can play.

Obviously he can extract some good sounds.

But for some reason he decided to make a review of an an instrument I was interested in and go out of his way to make it sound like shit. As a beginner it took a while for me to be able to figure this out. Going back to that review many moons later, it’s easy to see what he did. It’s clearly intentional. That makes him an asshole.

I guess maybe it’s just the age we live in. One “expert” after another turns out to be either totally incompetent or actually nefarious.

I didn’t appreciate the waste of time.