Good strap recommendation?

1 Like

I was looking at the one @eric.kiser posted.
The one you post is only three times as expensive as the bass I bought yesterday. :smiley:

2 Likes

You can’t skimp on comfort :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:arrow_up: This. :arrow_up:

Having a good strap makes the difference between me being able to play and me not being able to play.

1 Like

I have one twenty bucks strap, and one that’s even cheaper (it came with a bass).
My ability to play is not (yet?) limited by the cost of my straps. :laughing:

Actually, the 20 buck strap is pretty excellent. Best I’ve ever had. Wide, good padding, and does not lose its adjustment. Which, quite frankly, is all you will want from a good strap. So I ordered an identical one, but in brown, for the Cort.

1 Like

Being a bad ass bass gal requires me to garnish myself in leather gear, otherwise I may lose my credentials. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I… don’t think you will have to worry about that happening. :smile:

3 Likes

@PamPurrs I hope you are certain we NEED to see you in full leather gear now, just to see your credentials :crazy_face:

1 Like

My need to “see credentials” was satisfied when I saw our resident BABG in pajamas with beer.

A real badass doesn’t give a single fornicate. :sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl: :scream_cat: :beer:

1 Like

Love the Levy’s Garment Leather Strap. Its so damn comfy!

2 Likes

Yes looks like I will have to invest in a better strap also. I bought one at a store yesterday for 30 bucks but I may want to upgrade. Neck dive seems to be the biggest problem with every strap I get. I also need one that can adjust short enough so I don’t get any slack when I sit down. And minimum 3 inches wide. So what’s the consensus?

1 Like

Hi @phillyball I’ve just started using a Kliq Aircell strap. Comes in various lengths. Very comfortable, tends to stay in place but can move round still.
Overall happy with it.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll look into it, my last strap the shortest length is 46 inches which turned out to be too long for sitting , even though I am 6 feet tall. Bought one yesterday I can get down to about 43 inches and it’s better but I don’t think it’s specifically designed for a bass.

The short version is 38 to 44 inches.
Regular 46 to 56, and long 49 to 61, according to the Amazon ad I bought from. I went for regular, I play sitting.

Yes if I get that one I will probably go for long. Below is the one I I bought weeks ago and replaced yesterday with a shorter one I bought at a store.

1 Like

@phillyball Sorry typo above, have edited post. Long is 49 to 61. Sorry

1 Like

@Krescht Hey how’s the strap going now? Would you recommed? Can’t seem to see the one with thicker padding though

1 Like

Well, I still use it. it’s comfortable, but needs to be readjusted every now and then. There are some reviews stating that it could tear , so I wouldn’t recommend it for heavy use like gigs.
I also have a Gruvgear Solostrap (4") that is really sturdy, but 2-3 times the price of the Ibanez as well :sweat_smile:

I tend to prefer the Ibanez strap for daily practice, as it is lighter and couldn’t resolve to get the extra weight on my shoulders for now. As I practice sitting, there’s not much of a risk involved anyway :wink:

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info. I might give it a go then as I will only be using for home practice also. Gigging is a long way down the road yet :laughing:

4 Likes