GREAT GEAR - mediocre player

Ha! I like how staggering more between the frames became a thing. It still looks good that way, kind of like basses are floating down from the heavens and in through the windows.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Graphics1988,
Enjoy the ride.
Love your collection.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hey @juli0r,
If your looking for a bass that is good build quality I think it is pretty hard to go past Yamaha gear.
Good value for money.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Yeah. From my personal experience if you’re looking for almost any instrument you shouldn’t pass up Yamaha.

I surely will include Yamaha. I never planned to exclude brands anyway. I don’t think my choice will depend on brand in the end. I will still keep it in mind.

6 Likes

How do you like your Fbass? I almost own a BN5 once the pickups come back from Canada…

3 Likes

Aw man, I was about to say “Nice Streamer!”

So I’ll say “Nice Dingwall!” instead :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a nice wall of basses… now let’s see a pic of your bass boat! If I read correctly you are a tournament angler, right?

I have a slight fishing problem myself. 30+ years of sleeping in trucks next to rivers to nail the hatch timing. Living off ramen and pbj’s so I can pile up more fishing gear and boats. I’m a total trout bum and tarpon junkie, but I love fishing lots of species, and guiding pays the bills.

Welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

Welcome @Graphics1988.
I too have many Basses, love them all, and always on the prowl. Lol

5 Likes

Sorry, apparently i was limited to how many msgs i can send in one day - so i got shut out. lol…- I cant emphasise the Yamaha’s and G&L’s enough for your budget - USA G&L’s - or the Yamaha BB series. I am pretty obsessed gear junkie - my knowledge is pretty high, playing talent pretty low. :slight_smile:
I sold my Fbass BN4 for a VF4 - i prefer the PJ and the nut width over the BN - both great basses however.
Here is the boat Moose - for bass fishing tourneys.

(kind of an old pic - and my old house)

Thanks again guys for the warm welcomes -

6 Likes

No problem.
It is just a security thing to keep out spammers and trolls. It will get better if you are active and become a trusted member of the forum.

G&L… intersting. Haven’t shown up on my radar since I started scanning for basses. Thanks for the tips. I moved the discussion about my bass purchase to a seperate thread so if you are bored and want to read 50+ posts about an indecisive bass noob who wants to buy his next bass or maybe you just have more valuable input for me: Help choosing a second bass - #40 by juli0r

Went to a store today. Details in the linked thread/post.

4 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Actually I just noticed that was a Spector and not a Warwick. Nice bass either way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s cool, np - I have three Warwicks - Stage I, Stage II, and a ltd ed Fortress. All, but the Fortress, have the same nut reach - a bit far…but they sound SO good. :slight_smile:
The Spector neck was a baseball bat - tone was great though.

2 Likes

I love the sound of both the Stage I and Stage II, which surprised me by being noticably different. Soooo growly and good.

I have a Rockbass Streamer LX and really like the thing.

3 Likes

The Stage II shines when you beat on it - a heavy hand is when it loves you best. The Streamer LX’s are great too - i had one or two - they really come alive with Rotosound strings too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ha.
I was touring with an upright bass, and was looking for a specific type of used upright bass that was optimized for flight travel - The Chadwick Folding Bass. (A very very cool engineering feat, for you builder folks out there.)
I would look up “folding bass” in Craig’s List and get a whole bunch of folding boat chairs optimized for bass fishing.

That and my never-ending disappointment at the stock in “Bass Pro Shops” are my two examples of running into the bass / bass collision of worlds… until your post!

5 Likes

I love how Kiyoshi beats the crap out of hers.

6 Likes

Yep - she is a beast! One of her vids was the reason i hunted down a Stage II - they really ARE explosive…wenge neck ones more specifically. I didnt care for the ovankol neck ones i had - thick and a flat back.

…and Gio, i screw the bass/bass up daily. lol Embarassing when someone asks you what ya play, and you say Bass (pronounced the fish way)…i just wanna facepalm myself on the spot. lol

7 Likes

Imagine your native language not being English, French or German for instance. Makes pronounciation even more tricky :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

TRUE STORY!

2 Likes