GREAT GEAR - mediocre player

Ha.
I was touring with an upright bass, and was looking for a specific type of used upright bass that was optimized for flight travel - The Chadwick Folding Bass. (A very very cool engineering feat, for you builder folks out there.)
I would look up “folding bass” in Craig’s List and get a whole bunch of folding boat chairs optimized for bass fishing.

That and my never-ending disappointment at the stock in “Bass Pro Shops” are my two examples of running into the bass / bass collision of worlds… until your post!

5 Likes

I love how Kiyoshi beats the crap out of hers.

6 Likes

Yep - she is a beast! One of her vids was the reason i hunted down a Stage II - they really ARE explosive…wenge neck ones more specifically. I didnt care for the ovankol neck ones i had - thick and a flat back.

…and Gio, i screw the bass/bass up daily. lol Embarassing when someone asks you what ya play, and you say Bass (pronounced the fish way)…i just wanna facepalm myself on the spot. lol

7 Likes

Imagine your native language not being English, French or German for instance. Makes pronounciation even more tricky :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

TRUE STORY!

2 Likes