GRS - Gear Regret Syndrome

OUCH!

Sorry, I just rolled my eyes so hard I think I sprained them. :smiley:

1 Like

You’re a good guy, Tim. You have your heart in the right place! I didn’t mean to make you feel bad about yourself.
Anyway, being able to vent every now and then is a good thing!

This one is on the house :smile:

2 Likes

No worries, you totally didn’t. It is what it is, though, you know? It’s a part of me. A broken part, sure, but… if I cut my leg, I’d clean it and bandage it and let it heal. Similarly, I have to acknowledge my stupid brain patterns and fix them.

WOOT!

2 Likes

I feel you Tim, I have the same problem with shinies at times.

2 Likes

My Stingray Special is the bomb. Absolute beast :muscle: of a bass

1 Like

Hey @JustTim, I realize this is about GRS/GAS, but keep this saying in mind:

If playing is your goal, you can play any bass.

Sure, it could need setup tweaks to feel as you prefer, but that’s easy and cheap. Modding it might be on the menu, if you like. But the bottom line is having at least one decent, serviceable, playable instrument.

Any more than that is just gravy on top of the cherry on top of the sprinkles on top of the hot fudge on top of the artisan ice cream.

5 Likes

Unleash the Archers

4 Likes

3 Likes

Exactly. :rofl:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Sounds like @JustTim took an arrow to the knee. :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

Disclaimer: I’m not a mental health professional.

I listen to various podcasts. A consistently good one is Hidden Brain. All about psychology. It’s truly fascinating.

I listened to one years ago talking about impulsiveness. One of the things that stuck in my brain was the word friction. They talked about putting subtle things in your own way to create some friction and make the impulse process slower / harder.

I do this by saying I can’t buy anything bass related until I can play this song (insert moderately difficult song which will take weeks of practice).

It sounds silly, almost childish but it works. So by the end of those few weeks you’ve learned / learnt a new song and recorded it plus the urge to buy the latest shiny thing may pass. Or not. But you now know one more song.

The brain in s fascinating. I mean not mine but smart ones are. Buena suerte.

3 Likes

Lol. This reminds me of the scene in the movie of monty Python and the holy grail where the Templar has arms and legs dismembered and still willing to fight until the end! Great movie!

2 Likes

What? It was only a flesh wound

4 Likes

Bring me a shrubbery!

2 Likes

I fart in your general direction!

3 Likes

The key to smelling other peoples farts is to convince yourself they’re yours.

1 Like

Oh dear. Y’all realize I’m a former renaissance faire performer, a current table-top role-playing game (D&D and the like) nerd, and a HUGE Monty Python fan? You start throwing out Holy Grail quotes, it may be the last thing you do.

Oh, oh I see. Running away, eh?! You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what’s coming to you! I’ll bite your legs off!!

2 Likes

We’re knights of the round table,
We dance whene’er we’re able
Between our quests we sequin vests
And impersonate Clark Gable

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

4 Likes